Easy Veg Cutlet Recipe | Vegetable Cutlet Recipe | How to make Cutlet recipe at home. Mix veg cutlet are crisp and absolutely delicious easy Indian snack recipe of veggie mixes, paneer and spices. Firstly, we make the cutlet mixture by combining everything. The cutlets mixture is then shaped into a patties, coated with a maida batter and bread crumbs and then either shallow fried or deep fried.
Why just rely on chicken or fish cutlet when you can have the yummiest vegetable cutlet recipe as well on the days where you cannot have the non – vegetarian one. Also there must be few of you who would not be in great favor of having the chicken patties. And especially for you all I decided to come up with this very amazing vegetable cutlet recipe.
Vegetable cutlets makes a perfect tea time snack or solves the purpose of starters beautifully for any weekend parties or get togethers. With out wasting much time we will proceed to see how to make best vegetable cutlets recipe at home.
Easy Veg cutlet Recipe
Because, these vegetable cutlets, are stuffed with loads of proteins and vitamins, coated with crispy crumbs, the blissful flavor is something that we should not miss. Furthermore, these delicious veg patties are a great appetite to serve the guests and can be taken in Iftar as well. This vegetable cutlet recipe makes perfect Ramadan recipe as well.
Nonetheless, we Indians are ourselves stuffed with natural ability to touch the spatula like a magic wand and turn the dish into a complete delicacy. Yes, you read that right…!!
Of course, easy veg cutlet recipe will probably be the best recipe and and tastiest veg snack you will be trying. There is a different nature and taste of everything we make back at our kitchen. This easy Indian snack recipe is probably the most predictable and trusted item. Thus kids do not deny it having with ketchup right after their tuitions or husband wouldn’t be denying it with a cup of hot tea and comfort at home. So, do not miss to add this easy veg cutlet recipe to your Indian vegetarian snacks recipes list. Whenever, you think of making any vegetarian recipes for snacks, undoubtedly this easy veg cutlet recipe will be a winner.
Can we freeze the mix veg cutlet?
Definitely yes, you can make the patties and once you are done coating it with the bread crumbs, refrigerate them for about an hour or two and when they are chilled well, pop them into an air tight container or zip lock bag. The pre-chilling won’t let the cutlets stick to each other when placed in the freezer and you can simply pick out each frozen cutlets whenever you want.
Can we bake or air fry the vegetable cutlet?
Indeed, you can of course air fry the vegetable cutlet, if you are avoiding the deep fried one. Or you can bake it in an oven. Simply place it on to baking tray and greasing slightly will oil on top of the patties. And then bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes from both the until golden brown. Hence, you will have baked veg cutlet recipe to enjoy.
Do you know that, this veg cutlet can make a perfect crisp patties for veg burgers? Indeed, yes! Or just, slide them between the buns along with chutneys and sauces to make vegetable sliders as well. These lipsmacking cutlets are great way to introduce veggies to kids diet. Furthermore, these are perfect to make their way to kids lunch box menu or kids party. Serve these cutlets with mint coriander chutney or ketchup along the side.
Ingredients required to make easy veg cutlet recipe:
As we are making easy veg cutlet recipe, we will be using mix of veggies in it. We will be needing, Cabbage, Carrots, French Beans, Green Peas, Capsicum, Onions, mashed Potatoes. In addition to vegetables, we are using paneer (Indian cottage cheese)also. In fact if you wish to, you can add mushrooms and tofu also instead of paneer, to this vegetable cutlet recipe.
The binding agents we are using here is bread slices. If you want to avoid bread then just swap it with either thick poha or roasted besan. The other spices that we will be using here are green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder (amchoor), salt and pepper and oil.
Lastly, for coating the patties, we will require, maida (all-purpose flour), water, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and oil for frying. However, again to avoid bread you can use crushed cornflakes. this will give more crisp and textured vegetable cutlet
Veg cutlet recipe | How to make vegetable cutlet recipe below:
Easy veg cutlet are crisp and absolutely delicious easy Indian snack recipe of veggie mixes, paneer and spices. This vegetable cutlets can also used as veg patties to make veg burger or mix veg sliders. A perfect tea time snack recipe you will love. Here is how to make veg cutlet recipe at home
To prepare vegetable cutlet recipe
- 200 gms, paneer(Indian cottage cheese), grated
- 1 cup, cabbage, finely chopped/shredded
- ½ cup, carrot, finely chopped/grated
- ½ cup, French beans, finely sliced
- 1 cup, green peas
- ½ cup, capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 nos, large potatoes, boiled and grated/mashed
- 1 nos, large onion, finely chopped
- 3 nos, bread slices or 3/4 th cup thick poha
- 1 teaspoon, coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons, mint leaves, fresh(chopped) or dried
- ¼ cup, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, cumin powder
- 2-3 nos, green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon, dry mango powder(amchoor)
- 4 tablespoons, milk
- 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml), oil
To coat the cutlets:
- ½ cup, Maida (all-purpose flour)
- Water as required
- Bread crumbs as required
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
How to prepare veg Cutlet Mixture:
- First, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Then, add onions and fry on high heat till it turns pink.
- Now, add beans, green peas, carrot, cabbage and sauté well on high heat for a minute. Cover and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add capsicum, and green chillies.
- Next, add garam masala powder, dry mango powder, little salt and mix well.
- Then, add cumin powder and coriander powder. Now, cook for 2 minutes
- Lastly, add boiled potatoes and mix very well. Cook for another minute. Stir to avoid burning. Mixture should be dry and everything should get combined well. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Now, put the bread slices in blender or chopper and give it a pulse to make it crumb. In a large bowl combine cooked veggies mixture, paneer, bread, milk, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well to form a cutlet mixture.
- To make cultets:
- Once the cutlet mixture is ready, Take a portion into your palm and shape it into a cutlet like tikkis or patties. Cutlets can be of any shape, as per your choice.
- Repeat the same for al the mixture and shape them into patties. Refrigerate the tikkis for 30 minutes.
To coat the veggie cutlets:
- In a bowl combine all-purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste and water. Now, mix well to form a batter of cream consistency that coats a back of the spoon. It should not be too thin or too thick. Now, dip the patty in the batter
- And, then coat it very well with the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same for all. Refrigerate the cutlets for another 30 minutes. At this stage it can be kept in a freezer to freeze them for storage. To freeze the cutlets, place the patties onto lined baking tray and freeze it for 2 hours. Then, gather them all and store in a zip lock pouch or airtight container and place them back into a freezer.
To fry the cutlets:
- Heat enough oil in deep pan or kadhai if you deep frying them or else heat the oil in a pan to shallow fry them
- Shallow fry or deep fry them till they turn golden brown and crisp. Do not fry on very high heat as this will burn the cutlets. Take them on to an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for all the veg patties. Serve them warm and crisp with sauce or chutney of your choice.
If you wish to avoid the bread crumbs, swap it with thick poha for cutlet mixture
For coating, you can also use, crushed vermicelli or cornflakes