Paneer Matar kabab (Green Peas kebab) is delicious, crispy, nutty gluten free and nutritious Indian cottage cheese and green pea snack that will blow your mind. These kababs or tikkis are so easy, super quick and takes flat 20 minutes to assemble.
Here up on the blog today is my very favourite hari matar aur paneer ke kabab. Often I get confused whether what next should I be trying in my kitchen that satisfies us all with taste as well as texture. And to be honest when I think of some new recipe, the flavor of that recipe instantly flashes my mind.
Not just the flavor but the texture and color too. Like the texture of paneer matar kabab is crisp and brown but inside it is all creamy, moist and soft with wild flavors of ingredients used.
As it is the season of peas, I focused more on what extra can I dedicate to the peas and the peas lovers. Furthermore, there is another convenient option for you if you get no fresh peas in your region or area. You may simply grab the frozen peas packs available in the grocery stores and relish over your paneer matar kabab without any delay.
Ingredients that goes in Paneer Matar Kabab (Peas Kabab)
You might experience it some day or may be you too do get the imaginary taste of something that you are willing to try. When I was thinking about making this matar kabab I was flowing through the stream of all the ingredients that I wished to add in here.
- fresh Green Peas (Matar),
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese),
- Flours - Roasted besan (Chickpea flour) and Corn flour
- Nuts and seeds - Cashew nuts and roasted sesame seeds, roasted cumins seeds
- Fresh herbs and spices - Coriander leavesGreen Chilies, Ginger, Mint.
- Spice Powders - Garam Masala powder
- Oil for cooking peas and shallow frying the paneer matar kababs
These are the only things which I have used in peas kebab, no extra coating of egg or maida is required for this recipe
Storing the Matar Kababs (Green Peas kebabs)
You may preserve the paneer matar tikkis in an air tight container and freeze it. If you have guests coming or a family get together simply just take it out from your freezer and straight into hot oil pan. Shallow fry them and enjoy. The colorful green texture inside adds a spark in the menu and an item is also added up in the starters/appetizers.
Let us quickly now check out the ingredients and procedure 🙂
How to make Matar Kabab Recipe - Step by Step
First of all, heat ghee in a pan. Add green peas and toss for few seconds. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until peas are soft.
Take it off the heat and cool it a bit.
In a blender/chopper, add cashew nuts, coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger, and mint into blender or chopper
Blend it to a coarse paste.
Add cooked peas and pulse it to make a good coarse kabab mixture
Now, add peas kabab mixture, roasted besan, garam masala powder, corn flour, sesame seeds, paneer, cumin and salt to taste.
Mix well to form a dough
Grease your hands lightly with oil and shape into kababs.
Now heat oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the kababs from both the sides until light brown and crisp.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Green Peas kabab Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Paneer Matar Kabab Recipe (Green Peas Kebab)
Matar Kabab (Peas Kebab)
- 1 ½ cups Green peas shelled
- 100 g Paneer (grated)
- 3 tbsp Roasted besan
- 7-8 Cashew nuts
- 3-4 Green chillies
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ inch Ginger roughly chopped
- 10-12 Mint leaves
- ½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Cumin roasted
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon Oil (to cook peas)
- Oil (to shallow fry the kababs)
how to make paneer matar kabab
- First of all, heat ghee in a pan. Add green peas and toss for few seconds. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until peas are soft.
- Take it off the heat and cool it a bit.
- In a blender/chopper, add cashew nuts, coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger, and mint and blend it to a coarse paste.
- Add cooked peas and pulse it to make a good coarse mixture
- Transfer the mixture in to a large bowl
- Now, add roasted besan, garam masala powder, corn flour, sesame seeds, paneer, cumin and salt to taste.
- Mix well to form a dough
- Grease your hands lightly with oil and shape into kababs.
- Now heat oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the kababs from both the sides until light brown and crisp.
- Serve these delicious paneer matar kababs with chutney or ketchup
- You can use fresh as well as froze peas to make this recipe
- Toast the sesame seeds to golden for enhanced nutty flavour
- You can also ghee to cook the green peas
- To make the vegan version, you can swap paneer with tofu and proceed with the recipe