Chicken Pakora - It's crazy crisp, spicy and the easiest Indian chicken fritter you will ever make. A perfect gluten-free chicken appetizer, ready only in 15 minutes! If you really love tea time snacking, this chicken recipe is for you. Here is how to make chicken pakora recipe step by step.
Chicken pakora is a beautifully spiced, flour coated and deep fried tiny bite sized boneless chicken fritters. The flour coating is of besan (chickpea or gram flour) and rice flour. The real crispness come from rice flour. And, it is tender, juicy and oh so flavourful within.
Made with basic ingredients, this pakoda has all the factors that will bowl you over. Delicate flavours of curry leaves, coriander leaves, onions and spice powders when coalesce with tender chicken chunks, an upshot is divine!
A delight that you can have it during your evening tea time or as a mid meal snack. Grab cup of hot tea, and enjoy this absolutely yummy Indian style chicken fritters with your family. It tastes best when hot and crisp.
Plus, these chicken pakoras serves all the purpose easily. Serve it as a side dish to dal-chawal, khichdi or any simple meal. Or, design it in a menu as a starter to get togethers, parties, kittys, family potlucks or as an Iftar snack during Ramadan.
You may find various version of chicken pakoras. Namely, Andhra style, Oriya style, Bengali style, Punjabi Style, North Indian style, street style and so on. But this recipe that I am sharing with you all is just MY style chicken pakora recipe. 🙂
Didn't I tell you in my last post that Bangalore is raining good these days? Well, that is the another reason to binge on these crunchy pakoras, it will uplift your mood in seconds. And I mean it!
Few Do's and Don'ts To make perfect Chicken Pakoras
First, after washing the chicken chunks, drain all the water from it.
I would recommend you to use only boneless chicken bits for the recipe. However, you can go on ahead with chicken on bones, cooking time may vary.
Always chunk the chicken into bite sized cubes.
Add chillies to the recipe as per your heat preference.
Ensure that oil is hot enough before you slide the chicken chunks into it.
Never fry chicken on smoky high flame, be sure to heat oil well and then reduce the flame to medium high.
After you slide-in the chicken chunks into hot oil, do not disturb or stir them immediately. Allow them to fry as it is for a minute and then you can gently stir it once or twice until done.
Do not fry chicken pakora on very low flame as it may not turn as crispier absorbing lot of oil and become soggy.
Lastly, do not overload a pan while frying the pakoras, do this in batches.
Serving the hot and crisp Pakodas
Sprinkle some chaat masala and little red chilli powder along with some lemon juice on pakoras. Serve it either as is or with some ketchup or nice red or green chutney along with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Some of the best Snacks recipes you may love to try:
How To Make Chicken Pakora Recipe - Step by Step
To start with, clean and wash chicken chunks well and drain the water completely.
Now, add ginger paste, garlic paste, sliced onion, roughly torn curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, salt, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder, chopped green chillies, lemon juice, egg white and salt. Mix everything very well.
Cover and set it aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a deep pan.
Then, add gram flour (besan) and rice flour.
Mix the both the flours well. If mixture is too dry to coat, then add only 1-2 tbsp of water and mix.
Once the heats up well, slide-in the chicken chunks and allow it fry undisturbed for a minute. Then, stir it and fry on medium high flames until golden and crisp.
Take them out onto an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for remaining chicken. Chicken Pakora is ready to serve. Sprinkle some chaat masala, some red chilli powder, lemon juice and serve.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Chicken Pakora Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Crispy Chicken Pakora Recipe Card
- 250 g Boneless Chicken breast (Cut in bite sized cubes)
- ¾ tsp Garlic Paste
- ¾ tsp Ginger Paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ¾ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves (Roughly torn)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (Small sized, sliced)
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- Juice of One lemon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make chicken pakora recipe
- Clean and wash chicken well and drain the water completely.
- Add chicken cubes in a bowl
- Add all the ingredients except flours and oil. Mix everything very well.
- Cover and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a deep pan.
- Then, add gram flour (besan) and rice flour.
- Mix the both the flours well. If mixture is too dry to coat well, then add 1-2 tbsp of water only and mix.
- Once the heats up well, slide-in the chicken chunks and allow it fry undisturbed for a minute. Then, stir it one and fry on medium high flame until golden and crisp.
- Take them out onto an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for remaining chicken.
- Chicken Pakora is ready to serve. Sprinkle some chaat masala, some red chilli powder, lemon juice and serve.
- Always use bite sized chicken cuts for this recipe.
- Adjust the spice level as per you preference.
- You can add cornflour instead of rice flour.
- You can add whole egg to the chicken if you prefer.
- Furthermore, you can substitute egg white or whole to 2 tablespoons of yogurt for the above measure.
- If needed, add one 1-2 tablespoons of water only.
- In case if chicken mixture turns too watery, add some more chickpea flour and rice flour. Excessive moisture in the mixture will in turn give soggy and soft pakoras and not the crispy ones. So, I would highly recommend you to add 1 tbsp of water at a time.
- Do not fry chicken on very low flame or on very high flame in smoky hot oil. Once the oil heats up well, maintain the medium high flame throughout.