Green chutney or Hari chutney is a quick spicy accompaniment of green coriander ground along with some spices and seasonings. It is often used in Indian Cuisine, especially for chaats like pani puri, bhel puri sev puri, for samosa, for sandwiches, kathi rolls, frankie and variety of Indian snacks. Here is how to make Best green chutney recipe for chaats at home.
Indian chutneys are an essential part of an Indian cuisine and no Indian meal is complete without chutneys. Personally, I am a huge fan of it and I love how the different types of chutneys elevate the taste of any meal and snacks.
Chaat recipes are very frequent at my home and this chutney becomes handy. You can pull out any chaat in no time.
Green Chutney Ingredients
- The hari chutney recipe uses a very few ingredients but the outcome of this chutney is just outstanding.
- To make the chutney, we need LOTS of hara dhaniya (green coriander), green chillies (hari mirch), garlic (lehsun) and ginger (adrak).
- The tangy flavour enhancer here in this chutney is chaat masala and lemon juice. But, if you wish, you can add any of the either.
- Furthermore, you can SKIP garlic cloves if you are planning to make no garlic chutney recipe
- For this recipe, occasionally I use only black salt or pink salt and sometimes both. The choice is all yours for what ingredients to choose that will make your palate and tummy happy 🙂
Some of the best chutney recipes you may love to try:
How to store green chutney (hari chutney)?
The hari chutney recipe keeps very well in refrigerator for 15 days if stored in clean and airtight container. You can also, store in a freezer in an ice tray in portions for good 3-4 months. Use it as an when required.
How to use this Indian Green Chutney Recipe?
- This Indian style chutney is a perfect pair to popular Indian snacks or street foodrecipes
- The list includes pakoras, Veg sandwich, Bombay Vada pav, Bombay sandwich, Khaman Dhokla, batata vada, bread rolls, aloo tikki and our very famous samosa.
- And how can I not mention the main role of this chutney. Yes, this hari chutney is BESTfor any mumbai chaat recipes.
- Be it a bhelpuri, sev puri, ragda pattice, dahi puri, Dahi pakori chaat, aloo tikki, dahi bhalla chaat, samosa chaat or quick aloo chaat recipe.
- A generous slather of chutney on bread along with cheese, and grill it on a pan. This lovely chutney on toast is my best bet when I want indulge in quick chatpata snack. A quick cheese chutney sandwich is ready in minutes.
Now, without wasting much time, let's see how to make hari chutney recipe for chaat recipes.
How to Make Green Chutney at home
First, Clean and wash the coriander leaves well. Then, add the dhaniya leaves into a blender. Now, add garlic, ginger, green chilies, lemon juice, chaat masala, salt and blend it to fine paste. Only if needed, add a tablespoon of water.
Hari Chutney is ready, store it in a clean airtight container under refrigeration
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Green Chutney Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Green Chutney Recipe Card
- 2 cups Coriander leaves fresh (hara dhaniya)
- 3-4 Green chilies hari mirch (you can adjust as per the preference)
- 1/2 inch Ginger piece
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Black salt or regular salt to taste.
how to make green chutney recipe
- Clean the coriander leaves well. Add the dhaniya leaves into a blender
- Now , add garlic, ginger, green chilies, lemon juice, chaat masala, salt and blend it to fine paste. Add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Green chutney is ready, store it in a clean airtight container under refrigeration