💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe
Onion Tomato Chutney is a delicious spicy tangy South Indian chutney made of onion, tomato, red chilies and coriander leaves. Goes best with breakfasts dishes like dosa, idli, uttapam, vada, upma, pesarattu and pongal. This chutney will make you fall in love with it forever, because, it is different, easy and super duper tasty!
Servings 6 servings
to prepare tomato onion chutney:
- 3 Tomatoes medium sized, cut in cubes
- 3 Onions medium sized, cut in cubes
- 5-6 Dry whole red chilies
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves roughly chopped or torn
- Salt to taste
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Oil
- In a pan, add tomatoes, onions, red chilies, and oil, mix well and place it on heat.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes onions are soft and mashable, it will take 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked well, cool it completely.
- Add the onion tomato mixture in the blender along with chilies, green coriander leaves and salt.
- Blend it to fine paste.
- Onion Tomato Chutney for dosa, idli, vada and uttapam is ready to serve.
Always, use best quality red, firm ripe tomatoes You can use spicy variety of dried red chilies, instead of Kashmiri ones. You may also add little tamarind for tanginess, how ever it will alter the taste of the chutney, But still you can if you wish to. Do not add any water while grinding the chutney. You can easily refrigerate this chutney upto a week in a clean airtight container
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 66.4mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.7mg