Chutneys!! Oh, they cannot be missed from being part of every Indian meal. I always see to it that my fridge always have one or the other type of chutney stocked. This time it’s a Dosakaya chutney or can be also called as Yellow Cucumber Chutney. Dosakai is a round yellow cucumber popular in the southern part of India. Being from northern part of India and now tuning myself to southern meals, I myself learnt this version of the dosakaya chutney from my South Indian maid. And believe me, you make it and you will just love it..Here is how you can make it
How to make dosakaya chutney recipe
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this "Dosakaya Chutney"? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Dosakaya Chutney (Yellow Cucumber Chutney)
- 1 yellow cucumber (dosakai) large size , cut in cubes
- 1 onion medium size, sliced
- 2 tomatoes mediumsliced
- 3 green chilies (can be varied as required)
- ¼ cup coriander leaves tightly packed
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil 15ml
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal (split white lentils)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add cubed cucumber and toss on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Take off the stove and empty the fried cucumber cubes to another bowl.
- In the same pan now, add sliced onions. Toss on high heat for a minute. Add tomatoes, green chilies, toss for another minute till all the raw smell is eliminated and tomatoes get soft.
- Take it off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Blend together the cucumber, tomatoes, onions, green chili, coriander leaves, tamarind pulp and salt to a smooth paste.
- Empty the chutney in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add urad dal and fry till light golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared chutney.
- Enjoy the chutney with Dal, Rice, Khichdi, Pongal, Dosa, Idli, Uthappam or any snacks of your choice.