Chicken Cutlets (Indian Style) – a deliciously crisp deep fried patties of spicy chicken mixture with veggies within, serves as a great appetizer or snacks. These crisp chicken cutlets are one the most liked Indian snacks at our home. Once you take a bite, you will want to have it more and more. Do try it at home, here is how to make chicken cutlet recipe at home.
Best Chicken Cutlets
Today, here we have an amazing easy chicken cutlet recipe, not just easy but healthy evening snack. These fried chicken cutlets are very popular in every Indian household. The delicious and crispy layers of appealing chicken patties are a must try if you have not yet given it a shot.
There are many who does not prefer meat on bones and thus this pure boneless chicken breast recipe is surely going to satisfy their craving and their taste buds.
Presently, Bangalore is amazingly awesome with weather here, every evening we have beautiful rains with cool breeze hitting in. All you need is garam adrak wali chai with some hot n crisp snacks.
And when you stuff your freezer with these best chicken cutlets, the only thing you require is to fry them or even bake them. Scrumptious evening treat is ready in minutes.
These Chicken Cutlets are an excellent starters for lunch/dinner or large family gatherings. You can store these luscious chicken snack patties in bulk and freeze them for long.
The coating and the flavors of the cutlets do not change even if it is frozen for long. As Ramadan is coming around you can make it and store it in an air tight container and just before serving it, take it out from the freezer and directly deep fry it into the hot oil. You are absolutely ready to go with these tasty home-made Indian style chicken cutlet within no time.
What is a Chicken Cutlet?
Chicken cutlet is a crisp and tasty breaded chicken patties, which we season with fresh spices, herbs to it. This cutlet recipe makes the use of potatoes and bread crumbs as the binding agent. If you see in the recipe, I have added veggies as well. However, you can skip those veggies.
These beautiful breaded chicken cutlets are also called as chicken schnitzel in Australia, whereas in Bristish cuisine the cutlets are usually unbreaded and called as chops. It is totally your choice to make it as a pan fried cutelts or deep fried cutlets. Usually, I prefer it to be deep fried cutlets for my taste 🙂
How to make baked chicken cutlets?
Whether they are deep fried or shallow fried or baked, these yummy cutlets will win your hearts forever. There were no Ovens and Microwaves at that time but still people used to stay a lot healthier as compared to people today.
Making of these chicken cutlets were completely the game of Pans and Oil. Unlike today, we have grills and ovens which leads to healthy baked chicken cutlet recipe.
Also, there were many requests about how long do we bake it to make the baked chicken cutlet recipe. So, here is the method.
To make the baked chicken cutlets all you need to do is, first brush the cutlets with oil from both the sides. And then bake them in pre heated oven at 400 degrees F (200 degrees) for 30 minutes or until they crisp and golden brown.
Also, if you are looking for gluten free chicken cutlets, then, swap the all-purpose flour with corn flour or gluten free all-purpose flour and bread crumbs with gluten free crushed corn flakes. You can also use gluten free bread crumbs.
Chicken Cutlet Recipe Ingredients
- These chicken cutlets, that I made, completely consists of all herbs and spices that are easily available. Firstly, we need, Boneless Chicken breast, Potatoes, Carrots, Capsicums, Onions.
- Next comes the fresh spices and spice powders, they are Green chilies, Ginger, Garlic, garam masala powder, cumin seeds, cumin powder, coriander leaves, bread crumbs, lemon juice, salt , pepper and oil.
- And, for coating the cutlets, we need Maida/ All-purpose flour, bread crumbs, beaten egg whites or even whole eggs will also do, oil for frying.
- The above mentioned lists are the total ingredients that you need to assemble on your kitchen platform and that’s it, you are ready to go. And you have the best chicken cutlets ready at home
Are you worried about what to pack for your kid’s lunch box tomorrow? Or do you have a party at your place? This chicken snack recipe is full of nutrition, proteins and extremely flavorful.
How to make chicken cutlets (step by step):
to prepare the cutlet mixture:
Firstly, heat oil in a pan (photo 1)
While the oil is heating, then add cumin seeds and fry for few seconds (photo 2)
Then, add chopped garlic and grated ginger and fry until light golden. Once the aroma of releases, then add chopped onion, sauté until soft and pink (photo 3)
Then, add carrot and capsicum, saute for 4-5 minutes. Now, take it off the heat and cool (photo 4)
After that, in a large bowl, shredded chicken and sautéed vegetables (photo 5)
Then add boiled potatoes, green chilies, garam masala powder, cumin powder, bread crumbs, coriander leaves and mix well (photo 6)
Now, the cutlet mixture is ready (photo 7)
Next, divide the mixture into equal lemon sized balls. Then shape each of them into patty (photo 8)
to coat chicken cutlets:
To begin with, take one cutlet and coat it with flour (photo 9)
Then dip the cutlet in beaten egg white and coat it with bread crumbs (photo 10)
Again, dip the in the egg white and then coat it with bread crumbs, this will be the second coat (photo 11)
Now, repeat the same for all. Refrigerate the cutlets for 30-45 minutes (photo 12)
Note: At this stage you can freeze the cutlet for later use if preferred. Place the cutlets on the tray lined with butter paper and freeze it for 3-4 hours. Then, gather them all and place it in zip pouch and freeze it. These cutlet stays good easily for 3 months
to fry the chicken cutlet:
Once the cutlets are ready to be fried, heat enough oil in a deep pan or kadhai (photo 13)
Gently, slide the patties in hot oil and,deep fry the cutlets until crisp and golden brown (photo 14)
Once they are done, take them out on absorbent paper. Best chicken cutlets are ready to serve. Serve them hot with Ketchup, sauces or dips of your choice. (photo 15)
You might also like:
- Veg Cutlet
- Chicken tikka tortilla wraps
- Spicy Chilli Chicken Stir Fry
- Crips baked mayo cheddar chicken chicken
- Celery Pepper Chicken
- Chicken noodles samosa
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Chicken Cutlet Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Chicken Cutlets Recipe
To prepare chicken cutlet recipe:
- 500 gms Chicken boneless, boiled and shredded
- 2 cups Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Carrot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Green chilies chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1.5 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin powder roasted
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 50 gms Bread crumbs
- Juice of one medium lemon
- Salt and pepper as required
- 2 tbsp Oil
For coating :
- Maida/all-purpose flour as required
- Bread crumbs as required
- Slightly beaten egg whites as required
- Oil for deep frying
how to make chicken cutlets
- Firstly,heat oil in a pan.
- While the oil is heating, then add cumin seeds and fry for few seconds
- Then, add chopped garlic and grated ginger and fry until light golden. Once the aroma of releases, then add chopped onion, sauté until soft and pink
- Then, add carrot and capsicum, saute for 4-5 minutes. Now, take it off the heat and cool
- After that, in a large bowl, add boiled potatoes, shredded chicken, sauteed vegetable, green chilies, garam masala powder, cumin powder, bread crumbs, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now, when the cultet mixture is ready, divide the mixture into equal lemon sized balls. Then shape each of them into patty.
to coat the chicken cutlets:
- To begin with, take one cutlet and coat it with flour
- Then dip the cutlet in beaten egg white and coat it with bread crumbs. Again, dip the in the egg white and then coat it with bread crumbs, this will be the second coat.
- Now, repeat the same for all. Refrigerate the cutlets for 30-45 minutes.
- If you want to store the cutlets or freeze them, at this stage you can freeze the cutlet for later use if preferred. Place the cutlets on the tray lined with butter paper and freeze it for 3-4 hours. Then, gather them all and place it in zip pouch and freeze it. These cutlet stays good easily for 3 months.
to fry the chicken cutlets:
- Once the cutlets are ready to be fried, heat enough oil in a deep pan or kadhai.
- Gently, slide the patties in hot oil and,deep fry the cutlets until crisp and golden brown
- Once they are done, take them out on absorbent paper
- Serve them hot with Ketchup, sauces or dips of your choice.