Strawberry Juice is a delicious homemade drink with lots of bright summer flavors. It's super simple, easy to make with just few ingredients and a blender! You can sip on this chilled glass of nutritious goodness all year round! It's a perfect strawberry drink for all ages on every occasion.
About this juice
Made with vibrant red ripe strawberries, this fresh strawberry juice recipe shines with the flavors of fresh mint, tart lemon, and a slight spicy ginger. Did I mention adding some sugar to keep the juice little sweet?
When you make juices from fresh fruits or berries at home, they are nutritious and packed with health benefits. Because, you know what stuffs you are going to add into the homemade juice.
It is packed with antioxidants, and vitamins like C and E which is great for both skin (reduces inflammation) and immune system. The minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese and zinc may help in improving bone health as well as lowering the blood pressure.
Unlike those store-bought strawberry drinks that are loaded with tonnes of sugar and preservatives, this homemade fresh fruit juice is anytime the best!
Apart from beverages, strawberry also brings out the texture and flavor of the dishes beautifully when put together with other fruits in desserts, veggies in salad, or various cheese. Here's some amazing recipes with strawberries you should give it a try :
Why you will love this recipe?
Quick and Easy: This recipe for strawberry juice is incredibly easy, quick and super simple to make! All you have to do is blend up ripe strawberries with the rest of the things to turn it into delicious fresh fruit juice. Now, that is so easy, isn't it?
Balanced Flavor: This is a refreshing, and cooling strawberry beverage with a perfect balance of tart, sweet and a mild piquancy.
Make it guilt-free: Enjoy this juice of strawberry as a guilt-free drink by leaving out the added sugar (just like our other favorite smoothie and summer juice recipes, i.e, Mango Strawberry Smoothie, Mango Juice, and Watermelon Juice).
Customizable: This recipe is very much flexible to customize as you like. You can just double or triple the amount for a larger crowd.
Perfect for all occasions: A great mocktail-ish berry treat for kids and grown-ups. Perfect to serve at parties, BBQs, potlucks, or carry to a day-outs or picnics.
All year round: Best of all, you can make juice and enjoy it any time of the year. You don't just have to wait for summers only!
This refreshing beverage requires only 5 easy to find ingredients (excluding water and ice cubes). Let's take a quick look into the ingredients and learn how to make the best juice with fresh strawberries at home.
- Strawberries: Use ripe fresh strawberries in season that are for the most flavorful juice.
- Lemon Juice: Adds the touch of tang to enhance the flavor of strawberries.
- Sugar: A little bit of sweetness to balance the tart. So, add in restricted quantity only depending upon the sweetness of strawberries.
- Mint Leaves: Adds a nice delicate freshness that lifts up the flavor of juice.
- Ginger: Gives a slight sweet heat kick to this juice recipe.
- Water: Thins down the pulpy strawberry concentrate into the desired juice consistency.
- Ice cubes: To chill the drink instantly.
How to make Strawberry Juice?
Prepare your berries: Wash your strawberries well, remove the green stems and slice or roughly chop them. Note: Strawberry stems are totally edible and as it contains extra nutrients, feel free to leave them on to use the whole fruit.
Making Juice: 1. Add chopped strawberries along with lemon juice, ginger, mint, sugar, water and ice cubes in a high speed blender jar.
2. Blend until smooth (for atleast 30 seconds). You can simply serve the drink as-is if you like it pulpy.
3. For a smoother consistency, pass the juice through a fine mesh sieve and strain it.
4. Drink is ready to be served.
5. Pour the juice into serving glasses, garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately!
- Strawberries: Use fresh ripe and juicy strawberries that are sweet. Avoid using berries that aren't ripe and tastes sour.
- Ice-cubes: As you see, I have used ice cubes in this recipe. Please note that it melts when blended and dilutes the juice. So, use the amount of water accordingly, you may have to reduce it, if needed.
- Sweetener: Feel free to cut back on sugar to make a low calorie juice or add more if you have a sweet tooth. If you are juicing strawberries off-season, you might end up having sour berries; in this case you may add little extra sweetener to cut the tartness of the berries.
- Ginger: Adding ginger is optional, you may omit it altogether. However, I suggest you to add a little bit of it for a soothing sweet heat kick.
- Straining the juice: Strain the juice using a fine mesh strainer for a smooth strawberry drink. You can also use muslin cloth over the sieve to strain the juice. If you are fine with few bits of seeds while sipping, then skip this process.
Yes! You can use frozen strawberries, though the juice made with fresh ones tastes the best. If using frozen ones, thaw the berries before blending.
If you are a slushie person, simply blend the frozen strawberries with other ingredients and enjoy!
Variations and Optional Add-ins
Strawberry juice is not only ultra delicious in itself, but pairs beautifully with other fruits and juices to give you some really delightful combinations.
- Citrus: Apart from lemon, orange as well as lime juice really pairs perfect with strawberry.
- Watermelon: Strawberries when combined with melon, you will have an amazing summer drink just like this cooling Strawberry Watermelon lemonade mocktail.
- Sweeteners: Feel free to use natural sweeteners like monkfruit, stevia, agave, maple syrup or honey.
- The other berries, fruit and juices that mix and match very well with strawberries are pineapple, pomegranate, kiwi, acai, apple, grapefruit, blueberry, cranberry, mango, raspberries, blackberries.
- You can blend the strawberries with coconut water for an added dose of potassium to the juice.
- Do you love floral touch in fruit juices? Try adding rose water/syrup, or orange blossom water while blending the strawberries.
- Other than the mint leaves, herbs like rosemary, and basil pairs well with strawberries.
- Try combining club soda or sparkling water with this juice for a nice summer strawberry mocktail.
- You can also try adding cucumber or celery for an added dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to boost your immunity and maintain glowing skin.
This juice should be consumed fresh to reap out the most health benefits. However, if you have any leftovers, store in a clean tight sealed container, or a mason jar for up-to 2 days in the refrigerator. Once stored, give a good stir to the drink and then consume or serve.
You can also opt to freeze any leftover juice as ice-cubes or pour into a popsicle mold for a sweet summer snack. This frozen juice popsicle should last up to 2 months in the freezer.
You Might Also Like
If you made my recipe for this juice with fresh strawberries, please be sure to rate and review it below!
If you'd like more deliciously easy recipe inspiration, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or YouTube. You can also get all of my newest content delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for my email newsletter.
Strawberry Juice Recipe
- 3 cups Strawberries (washed, hulled and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- ½ inch Ginger (chopped or sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint (leaves only)
- 2-3 tablespoons Sugar (increase or decrease as you like)
- 1 cup Water (you may add more, if needed)
- Ice cubes (as needed)
- Add chopped strawberries along with lemon juice, ginger, mint, sugar, water and ice cubes in a high speed blender jar. Blend until smooth.
- To strain the juice, pass it through a fine mesh sieve and collect a smooth liquid into the pitcher or bowl.
- Pour the juice into serving glasses, garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately!
- Use ripe and juicy strawberries that are sweet. Avoid using berries that aren't ripe and tastes sour.
- If using frozen strawberries, thaw them before blending. If you love slush, simply blend the frozen strawberries with other ingredients and enjoy!
- Feel free to use natural sweeteners like monkfruit, stevia, agave, maple syrup or honey.
- If using ice cubes, please note that it melts when blended and dilutes the juice. So, use the amount of water accordingly, you may reduce it, if needed
- The other berries, fruit and juices that mix and match very well with strawberries are watermelon, orange, lime juice, pineapple, kiwi, acai, apple, grapefruit, blueberry, cranberry, mango, raspberries, blackberries.
- You can blend the strawberries with coconut water for an added dose of potassium.
- Try adding rose water or syrup, orange blossom water while blending the strawberries to give floral touch to the juice.
- Herbs like rosemary, and basil apart from mint pairs well with strawberries
- You can try combining club soda or sparkling water with this juice to get a nice summer strawberry mocktail.
- Try adding cucumber or celery for an extra dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to boost your immunity and maintain glowing skin.
- Store any leftovers in a clean tight sealed container, or a mason jar for up-to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- you can freeze the leftover juice as ice-cubes or pour into a popsicle mold for a sweet summer snack. This frozen juice popsicle should last up to 2 months in the freezer.