This Oven Roasted Asparagus recipe is a super simple side dish that can be served with any main course. A healthy meal wouldn't be complete without a side of flavorful veggies, cooked to perfection. Ready in just 30 minutes or less, these are a must try with this weeks dinner plans.
Why you will love this asparagus recipe?
There are so many reasons why this recipe for oven roasted asparagus makes such an amazing addition to just about any meal.
- No matter what the occasion might be, a side of asparagus is always a great and healthy option!
- Roasting is the best way to cook asparagus because of how simple and quick it is to make.
- Made with just four ingredients which makes it extremely budget friendly!
- The whole family will love how delicious and flavorful this asparagus recipe is when they give it a try!
- This vegetable is a great source of vitamin A, K and C.
- This recipe can also accommodate to a wide range of diets since it is gluten free and dairy free!
- Pair these delicious roasted asparagus with my Instant Pot Butter Chicken, Baked Turkey Meatballs, or my Chicken Biryani recipe.
These Roasted Asparagus are made with just 4 ingredients which is why they are so easy and quick to make.
- Asparagus: with such a versatile flavor, asparagus are a great side dish option. Be sure to look out for stalks that appear limp or wilted. They should have an overall bright green color without any dullness.
- Olive Oil: a rich and robust oil with unique flavor that pairs perfectly with oven roasted vegetables.
- Garlic: adding garlic to this recipe is a great way to enhance the flavors of the asparagus.
- Salt and Pepper: key ingredients to this side dish recipe.
How to cook asparagus in the oven?
- Snap-off the woody ends of the asparagus spears and discard the ends.
2. Place the asparagus on the lined baking sheet, drizzle olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper, gently toss the spears using hands until coated.
3. Lay the spears flat on the baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Roast asparagus for 15-16 minutes( as they were thick) in the oven or until tender and fork easily pierce through in.
To properly store fresh asparagus, trim the bottoms of the spears and place them in a glass jar with a little bit of water (spears facing up).
Roast your asparagus in the oven at a temperature between 400 and 425 degrees (F).
Thin stalks should roast between 7-8 minutes.
Medium stalks should roast between 10-15 minutes.
Thick stalks should roast between 15-20 minutes.
Seasonings for Asparagus
Fine herbs such as rosemary, basil, dill, marjoram, oregano, thyme, cilantro and my own Italian Seasoning Recipe pair perfectly with this asparagus recipe.
You can also explore with various spices such as smoked paprika, chipotle chili, cumin, curry, ginger, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
Veggies: Don't be afraid to get creative and pair this recipe with other vegetables. Green beans, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, eggplant and cauliflower taste great together with asparagus.
Flavorings: You can also use lemon, balsamic vinegar glaze, honey or grated parmesan cheese to add more even more flavor.
Nuts: Walnuts and almonds make a great topping to this side dish. They add just the right amount of crunch!
If you are looking to create a vegetarian masterpiece, try chopping up the asparagus and toss them into an omelet or frittata!
Try adding them to some delicious salad like my Marinated Tomatoes, Mixed Green Salad, or this crunchy Kale Apple Salad. My favorite way to enjoy these is with a drizzle some delicious dill sour cream sauce.
Serve in a yummy rice bowl, chop them up and use in sandwiches, risotto, pasta, soups... the possibilities are endless!
Store: to ensure freshness, store your roasted asparagus in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze: you can try freezing your leftovers by vacuum sealing them.
More Delicious Roasted Vegetables for you
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Roasted Baby Carrots
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Easy Roasted Parsnips
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Butternut Squash
If you made the recipe for my Roasted Asparagus, please be sure to rate and review it below!
If you'd like more deliciously easy recipe inspiration, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or YouTube. You can also get all of my newest content delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for my email newsletter.
Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb Fresh Asparagus
- 1½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced or pressed)
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Serving Options of choice
- A squeeze of Lime Juice
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- A drizzle of thick Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- A drizzle of Dill Sour Cream Sauce
- A sprinkle of Fresh Dill (chopped)
- Preheat the oven at 400°F and line the large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Snap-off the woody ends of the asparagus spears and discard the ends
- Place the asparagus on the lined baking sheet, drizzle olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper, gently toss the spears using hands until coated.
- Now, arrange the spears in a flat, single layer.
- Roast asparagus for 15-18 minutes( as they were thick) in the oven or until tender and fork easily pierce through in.
- Transfer the cooked asparagus on serving platter and serve as is or with a squeeze of lime or lemon, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, or a drizzle of balsamic reduction, or dill sour cream sauce.
- Get creative and pair this recipe with other vegetables. Green beans, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, eggplant and cauliflower taste great together with asparagus.
- You can also use lemon, balsamic vinegar glaze, honey or grated parmesan cheese to add more even more flavor.
- Walnuts and almonds make a great topping to this side dish. They add just the right amount of crunch!
- Fine herbs such as rosemary, basil, dill, marjoram, oregano, thyme, cilantro and my own Italian Seasoning Recipe pair perfectly with this asparagus recipe.