Indian Kesar Badam Milk or Badam doodh. Badam doodh is an Indian almond milk beverage flavoured with almonds and saffron. we also call its as Indian saffron milk. Be it warm or cold badam milk, it is an extremely healthy and delicious drink that provides energy and rejuvenates the body. Usually, kesar badam milk recipe is enjoyed in both the avatars, as a hot badam doodh in winters or as a cold badam shake in summers. Here is how to make Badam Milk Recipe at home……
Kesar Badam Milk
Whether it is hot or cold weather, this lovely gluten free kesar badam milk recipe always tops the list. Because, we all love this delicious kesar milk, you will find its preparation in almost every home. Nowadays, you find the readymade kesar badam powder easily available in the aisle of supermarkets. But, homemade kesar badam doodh is always the best.
What Is Badam Milk?
Badam Milk is a delicious sweet milk beverage flavoured with almonds. Either, make it as a plain Badam Doodh or add a touch of saffron and cardamom to make badam kesar milk. Sip and enjoy this as chilled badam shake to keep yourself cool in summer. Or keep yourself warm in winters or monsoon by relishing it as hot badam milk. This saffron almond milk recipe, can me made with cow’s milk or buffalo’s milk and even goat milk. If you wish to make it vegan then, opt for almond milk and proceed by adding flvouring agents to it.
Kesar Badam Milk benefits:
benefits of milk in badam milk:
benefits of almonds in badam milk:
Almonds are heavily packed with essential vitamins, minerals, proteins. They are one of the healthiest nuts. They are an excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, high grade protein and high levels of unsaturated fatty acids. Consumption of almonds increases Vitamin E levels in blood that acts as powerful antioxidants defending the cells from damage. It reduces the cholesterol levels thereby reducing the heart disease risks. Almonds are very good for your skin. To get the best of the benefits of badam milk, do soak the almonds for 6-8 hours and then peel and use it to make badam doodh.
benefits of saffron (Kesar) in milk:
Also, my mother-in-law, insisted me to have this during pregnancy as well. I consulted my Gynaec and she gave me a thumps-up. The reason why I used to have this cold badam milk was, I had a severe hyperemesis (uncontrolled vomitting during pregnancy). I was unable to eat or drink any thing. All I could tolerate was some bananas, and this chilled badam shake. The aroma and taste of this almond milk made me feel energetic and gave me strength.
Not every woman’s pregnancy is the same. So, during pregnancy, before starting on badam kesar milk, strictly consult with your gynaecologist first. If the doctor gives the advise to drink it, then make this best badam milk recipe and enjoy it either warm or chilled.
Badam Milk Ingredients:
Kesar badam milk includes few specific ingredients only but has number of advantages. As mentioned above, we need, milk, almonds, saffron, and cardamom powder. The other flavouring element here is rost essence or rose water. If you have either, then you can skip. But rose essence or rose water gives royal freshness to the saffron almond milk. If you want to make purely badam shake only, then you can skip saffron, But i would highly recommend to add atleast few strands to the drink.
How to Make Badam Milk?
Indeed, preparation of badam milk is absolutely easy and take no effort in cooking. There are several ways to make it, but the best process for me is what I have demonstrated below. From the benefits and taste point of view, you will find that it is always best to soak almonds over night, peel it and then blend it to a paste. However, you can if have crunch of time, you can also blanch the almond in hot water for some time and then proceed with peeling and making its paste. One tip to save your time is, You can soak and peel and paste almond in bulk and freeze it in portions. Usually, I do the same and its absolutely handy not only for this almond saffron milk but also to add it any curries 😛
Then, heat the milk and bring it to a boil, simmer it for few minutes. After that add almond paste stirring continously to avoid burning. Also, add soaked saffron and simmer for few minutes. Finally add sugar, cardamom powder and rose water or essence and stir. Simmer sugar dissolves. The total time to make this kesar badam milk is 30 minutes for 1 litre of milk measure. The more the measure of milk, the more will be simmer time.
Some of the best almond recipes you might love to try:
Badam Milk Recipe below:
Indian Kesar Badam Milk recipe is a delicious and healthy badam drink loaded with goodness of almonds, milk and saffron. It is an easy Indian almond milk or badam doodh recipe that benefits the all ages (old age, adults, kids, pregnant women and babies). here is how to make badam milk at home
to prepare badam milk, we need:
- 1 litres, full fat milk
- 25-30, almonds, blanched or soaked and peeled ( I have soaked it overnight)
- A good pinch of saffron (20-25 strands soaked in 2 tablespoons of hot milk or water)
- Sugar as per taste
- ¾ tsp, cardamom powder
- 2-3 drops, rose essence or 1 teaspoon of rose water
- Slivered almonds and pistachios for garnish
- Saffron strands for garnish
how to make badam milk:
- First, soak saffron in hot water or milk and keep it aside for 15 minutes
- Then, add peeled almonds in a blender
- Now, blend it to paste, either coarse or smooth, it is upto you. I usually prefer it to be a little coarse.
- After that, heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Bring milk to boil and simmer on a low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Then, add the almond paste to the milk stirring continuously until mixed well.
- Once the almond paste blends well, add saffron water and mix well. Then simmer the kesar badam milk for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom
- Now, add sugar as per taste, cardamom powder, rose essence, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Once the almond saffron milk is ready, take it off the heat. You may serve it as a hot badam doodh and cool or chill for few hours
- Finally, pour in serving glasses, garnish with slivered almonds, pistachios and saffron and serve it as a cold badam milk.
- You can enjoy it as a cold badam milk shake in summers and as a warm badam doodh in winters
- You can also use low fat milk to make this kesar badam milk recipe
- Add sugar according to your taste
- I always prefer to grind almond to a bit coarse paste as I love the crunch of almond in mouth while sipping the milk. You can grind it to fine or coarse paste accordingly, choice is all yours.
Keywords: Badam milk, Badam Milk Recipe, Almond Recipes