Kesar Badam Milk
Indian Kesar Badam Milk recipe is a delicious and healthy drink loaded with goodness of almonds, milk and saffron. It is an easy Indian almond milk or badam doodh recipe that benefits the all ages (old age, adults, kids, pregnant women and babies). here is how to make badam milk at home
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
to prepare badam milk, we need:
- 1 litre Full Fat Milk
- 30 Almonds blanched or soaked and peeled ( I have soaked it overnight)
- A good pinch of saffron 20-25 strands soaked in 2 tablespoons of hot milk or water
- 2 tbsp Sugar (Or as per taste)
- ¾ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2-3 drops Rose essence or 1 tsp Rose water
- Slivered almonds and pistachios for garnish
- Saffron strands for garnish
how to make badam milk:
First, soak saffron in hot water or milk and keep it aside for 15 minutes
Then, add peeled almonds in a blender
Now, blend it to paste, either coarse or smooth, it is upto you. I usually prefer it to be a little coarse.
After that, heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
Bring milk to boil and simmer on a low heat for another 5 minutes.
Then, add the almond paste to the milk stirring continuously until mixed well.
Once the almond paste blends well, add saffron water and mix well. Then simmer the kesar badam milk for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom
Now, add sugar as per taste, cardamom powder, rose essence, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Once the almond saffron milk is ready, take it off the heat. You may serve it as a hot badam doodh and cool or chill for few hours
Finally, pour in serving glasses, garnish with slivered almonds, pistachios and saffron and serve it as a cold badam milk.
- You can enjoy it as a cold badam milk shake in summers and as a warm badam doodh in winters
- You can also use low fat milk to make this kesar badam milk recipe
- Add sugar according to your taste
- I always prefer to grind almond to a bit coarse paste as I love the crunch of almond in mouth while sipping the milk. You can grind it to fine or coarse paste accordingly, choice is all yours.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 0.4mg