Dry Fruits Powder Mix - is one of the most nutritious nuts powder that is mixed with milk to make turri drink. It keeps your body energetic, warm and healthy especially during fasts and during winters. Perfect for all ages.
The nuts powder mix consists of various dry fruits, namely - almonds, pistas, kaju, dried coconut, makhana, and walnuts. The other Ingredients includes, green cardamom, cloves, ghee and saffron (optional).
For this dry fruit powder mix recipe, you can add melon seeds or poppy seeds also. Personally i do not like the flavour of poppy seeds in turri, so i skip it always.
You can drink it as your iftar or light dinner or even Suhr(sehri). In our region( north India), we call it Turri. There are many ways for the preparation of turri drink mix, each recipe differs from home to home.
This is best for not only for adults but even kids and elderly. In fact it is good for all the age groups.
This easy essential dry fruit powder mix can be made in bulk and refrigerated.
In case, if you are allergic to cashews or coconut, skip them and proceed with the rest. Further more, you can add your choice of nuts and even increase the amount of nuts you like the most.
There is no hard and fast rules for the choices of nuts. But I highly recommend you to add makhana(Fox nuts)as they are rich in calcium, helps in Arthritis and neuralgias. It is good for diabetic patients and strengthens your spleen and kidney.
Fox nuts helps in increasing your moisture level in body, aids digestion and rejuvenates respiratory system.
Turri drink is good for your health in winters, rains or while you are in fast. In most of the Muslim households, it is a must make nourishing drink in North India during the month of Ramadan and in winters.
A Glassful of this drink makes best healthy breakfast or sip it warm before bed on rainy or chilly nights. Let’s go through how to make this yummy healthy dry fruit powder mix at home
You might also like :
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Dry Fruit Powder Mix or Nut Powder Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
This post has been updated from archives, was first published in 2015.
Dry Fruits Powder Mix Recipe Card
Dry Fruits Powder Mix
All the ingredients are at room temperature
- 300 grams Almonds
- 300 grams Pistachios
- 100 grams Cashew nuts
- 300 grams Walnuts
- 100 grams Fox nuts (Makhana)
- 50 grams Dried coconut roughly chopped
- A generous 2 pinch of saffron
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- 8 Green cardamoms
- 8 Cloves
- 1.5 tablespoon Cardamom powder
To make dry fruit drink (Turri)
- Milk as needed
- Prepared dry fruits powder mix
- Sugar as needed
How to make dry fruits powder mix
- Grind separately, the almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts, walnuts, fox nuts, coconut to a powder. Some might even be a coarse bits, thats absolutely fine. Mix all of them in large bowl after grinding.
- Very lightly roast the saffron and keep it aside.
- In a deep heavy bottom pan, heat ghee. Once ghee is hot, add green cardamoms and cloves. Fry them for few seconds.
- Add dry fruits powder and mix well. Cook on medium low heat for 6-8 minutes or until it releases aroma and reaches slighty golden colour. Stir in between.
- Finally add cardamom powder and crushed saffron. cook for another minute or 2.
- Take it off the heat and cool completely.
- Once cooled, store it in clean airtight jar or container. You can easily store this powder mix for 4 months under refrigeration.
To make dry fruit drink (turri drink)
- Heat 1 glass of milk, add 1-2 teaspoon of prepared dry fruit powder mix, sugar to taste, bring it to boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy hot or warm.
- You can also mix the powder to glass of warm milk and drink it. But I prefer the other method of simmering it with milk as it makes the drink more flavourful, aromatic and tasty.