Homemade Mango Phirni Recipe | Aam Ki Phirni Recipe | Indian Mango rice Pudding Step by Step. Aam ki phirni is a delicious summer dessert recipe of Indian rice pudding flavoured with sweet mango pulp. The traditional phirni has a few variations and one such variant is Mango phirni recipe. The classic phirni is an extremely popular north Indian dessert that is basically an amalgam of ground rice flour with milk, cardamom, sugar and dry fruits, giving it authentic Indian flavour. Phirni is the most preferred sweet for Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Ramadan and even Indian weddings, across the country. This Indian Mango Rice pudding is an ideal dessert recipe during summer. A chilled clay pots of rich golden goodness topped with dryfruits is a pure bliss. Here is an easy to make mango phirni recipe step by step
Aam Ki Phirni
Whenever Ramadan falls in summer, the streets of Mohammed Ali road in Mumbai glitters with light and charm everywhere. Each and every lane of the street is lined up with wide variety of food stalls. And this chilled earthen clay pots of aam ki phirni along with classic firni shows up across the streets in nearly every joint. Mango rice pudding is an ideal meal for not only of iftar but also suhoor. Aam ki phirni a perfect iftar recipe during the holy month of Ramadan.
The Ramadan snacks that we usually make apart form this mango phirni are aloo chaat, aloo tikki and bread rolls and many more. The goodness of mango, rice and milk in this chilled bowl of firni gives the strength and energy to the body after the long day fast during summers. So, do not miss this exceptionally delicious mango phirni recipe during Ramadan. If you have not added it to the menu list, then do it right away, mark my words. This is the best Mango firni recipe you will ever make. 🙂
Can we use canned mango pulp for aam ki phirni recipe?
Now, talking about the quality of mangoes we will use for this recipe, please be sure to select firm, sweet ripe mango to make aam ki phirni recipe. If in case, mangoes are not available in your region, you can make it using canned mango pulp also. Just that, do not forget to keep a check on sugar, as you may have to adjust the quantity of it accordingly. For this aam ki phirni recipe, I have used Alphonso mangoes to make the puree.
How to make mango phirni using condensed milk?
To make phirni using condensed milk, the only thing we need to do here is, just swap the sugar from this recipe with condensed milk. Again, you have to adjust the quantity of condensed milk depending upon the sweetness you prefer. For this recipe, 1/4 cup of condensed milk is just perfect quantity.
If you see, in the recipe, I have added little khova to it. The addition of khova is absolutely optional. Without mawa also, mango phirni will taste equally delicious as that of with mawa in it.
This delicious creamy summer mango dessert is ideally served after Indian meal either at lunch or dinner at home for festivals or parties. Or simply enjoy Indian mango rice pudding after a weekend meal with your family. After all, mango phirni is a show stopper after any meal and I mean it 🙂
2. Drain the water completely and spread it onto a plate to dry well.
3. Then, grind it in a mixer to a coarse powder.
4. Now, in a heavy bottom pan, add milk and bring it to a boil. Once the milk starts boiling, simmer it till the milk reduces to 3/4th of its volume.
5. Meanwhile, wash and peel the mangoes and cut it in to cubes. Add the cubes into a blender or mixer
6. Blend it to a fine pulp.
7. Now, add the ground rice and stir continuosly to avoid the lump formation.
8. Then, add cardamom powder and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or until the milk thickens. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning.
9. Now, add sugar and khowa, mix well.
10. Allow the phirni to simmer until reaches thick consistancy. Please remember that phirni will thicken more once cooled. Take the phirni off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
11. Now, add mango pulp and mix well.
12. Mango Phirni is ready to dish out. Scoop the mango rice pudding into earthen pots ot serving bowls and garnish it with sliced pistachios and almonds. Chill for few hours before serving. Serve chilled.