How to make aamras at home (step by step):
1. Wash, peel and cut the mangoes into cubes. Then, tranfer it to a mixer or blender annd blend it to a pulp.
2. Once the pulp is ready, transfer it to bowl and add, saffron milk, sugar and cardamom powder, mix well.
3. Gujarati Aamras is ready to serve. Before serving, chill for an hour and then serve with some hot fluffy pooris.
Easy Aamras recipe or Indian mango pulp recipe. A Popular traditional Gujarati/ Maharahtrian sweet served with hot fluffy puris. Aamras Puri is a pure bliss. Here is how to make aamras recipe at home
To prepare aamras
- 4 Mangoes (ripe alphonso)
- 2 tbsp Sugar (if mangoes are sweet, skip adding sugar)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron soaked in 4 tablespoons of milk or water (optional)
- slivered almonds and pistachios for garnish
- If using Mango pulp (then use two cups of mango pulp to make mango ras)
how to make aamras using hands (Mango Pulp):
- Wash the mangoes and dip them in water for 2-3 hours.
- Now, with the help of fingers press the mangoes gently to loosen the pulp.
- Take off the tip and squeeze out the pulp in a clean bowl, discard the seed.
- Next, after squeezing them, peel it and extract the pulp completely. After this, if you find any pulpy lump, just take the whisker or wooden whisker (mathani) and whisk it well.
- Now add cardamom powder saffron milk, sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios and serve with hot pooris
how to make aamras using mixer or blender:
- First, wash peel and cube the mangoes.
- Then, add the mango cubes in the blender or mixer and blend it to a pulp
- Transfer it to a bowl, add cardomom powder saffron milk and sugar (if needed) and mix well.
- Chill for couple of hours. Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios, and serve it with hot puris.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1785IU | Vitamin C: 60.1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.3mg