Call it a green mango chutney or kacche aam ki chutney, it’s fresh, it’s best, it’s versatile. A perfect raw mango chutney recipe to dip any of your favourite pakoras, fritters, samosas or any Indian snacks into it. Or pair it with simple dal rice meals, khichdi or stuffed parathas. Make it, taste it and believe it!
Spicy Tangy Green Mango Chutney
Every Indian household is very well aware of variety of chutneys. Even though the proportion and the recipe might differ from kitchen to kitchen, it incredibly loved by all.
One of the chutney variety is this green mango chutney very commonly whipped up during summers. Also known as kairi ki chutney (Kairi= raw mango). You will start to see abundant tangy raw green mangoes everywhere from local markets to supermarkets
Yes, you will definitely see the variations in each chutney recipe from home to home. Even a small shift in ingredients or its proportions or additions will make a huge difference to its final outcome.
This green mango chutney is ridiculously easy and extremely flavourful, spicy and tangy. The flavours of this raw mango dip is so fresh and addictive that you will keep licking your fingers.
Cool and refreshing hint of mint leaves, fresh aroma of green coriander leaves, spiciness of green chillies, garlic and roasted cumin zing is simply mind blowing. Addition of little sugar will not hurt the zest of the dip at all. In fact it will balance the tartness and spiciness perfectly.
Cool Tips to make best raw mango chutney recipe
With few important tips that I shall be sharing below, that you have to keep in mind to make best chutney each time.
- Always clean, wash and peel the mangoes and clean the greens well before making the recipe
- Never add too much water while making chutney as it will dilute the flavours making it watery paste. I have not added any water while making this chutney.
- If in case you really need to add water in the chutney, start with 1-2 tablespoons of water only.
- You can surely swap garlic with ginger if you want make a no garlic chutney recipe.
- The amount of green chilies can be adjusted as per your taste. Also, dried red chilies makes a great addition and enhances the taste of the chutney, so you can definitely give it try adding it once, if you wish to.
- Refrigerate the chutney in clean airtight jar for easily up to a week or freeze it in portions for good 1-2 months.
- You can enjoy this green mango chutney for the whole year until next season by freezing the raw mangoes in zip pouch, here is the link you can check to follow the tips of freezing raw and ripe mangoes
How To make Green mango Chutney Recipe – Step by Step
Clean wash coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and peel mangoes and garlic. Add all of them into blender along with cumin seeds, salt and sugar. Add little water while grinding only if needed.
Blend everything to fine paste.
Some the best chutney recipes you may want to try
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Green Mango Chutney Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Green Mango Chutney
- 3 Raw Green Mangoes medium sized, chopped
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 3-4 Green chillies (you may adjust as per preference)
- 5 Garlic Peeled
- 3/4 tsp Black salt or Regular salt
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp Sugar
How to make mango chutney recipe
- Wash, peel and chop mangoes
- Clean, thoroughly wash coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. I do not add any water to blend this chutney
- Check for salt if required.
- Enjoy with your meals, parathas, pakodas, sandwiches, chaats or anything or your choice.
- Store in a clean airtight container upto 10 days.