Chicken Hakka Noodles - an uber delicious Indo Chinese dish that's everyone's favourite! Noodles tossed with shredded chicken, vegetables and spicy sauces in a street style is heavenly delight!
An absolutely tasty, simple, easy and quick to make! On the whole, a wonderful treat to the palate, don’t you think? Give it a shot and you will believe it!
“Wow!! What a lovely smell of Noodles mamma!!” Exclaimed, my children as we passed a road side food vendor who was busy preparing noodles for his customers while they looked on.
My son said, while walking with us, passed a subtle hint with a beatific smile on his face that said please make Chinese noodles for dinner.
My daughter whispered “Mamma add chicken in the noodles, it tastes sooooo good you know”. And our weekend family dinner with chicken and noodles happened!
What is Chicken Hakka Noodles?
Chicken Hakka Noodles is a Chinese dish of cooked noodles tossed with boiled and shredded chicken and vegetables in Chinese sauces.
It is an absolutely enticing street style noodles recipe consisting of colourful veggies, eggs, flavourful spicy sauces and sesame oil.
And I make regularly for them at home for their meal or snack box or for kids get togethers.
Also, Hakka Noodles is a must order by my kids whenever we visit and Indo Chinese restaurant for dine on. Anything chicken given in Chinese flavour is their fondness.
Chinese chicken recipes has always been on a roll for us, indeed. We often plan to have nice Indo Chinese food during weekend brunch or dinner.
Dishes like Chicken Spring Roll, Mushroom Manchurian, Noodles Samosa, Chicken Fried Rice and Chicken Stir Fry are their first choice. Pair this meal with nice hot sauces and we have lovely spicy treat to satiate everyone at the table.
Most noteworthy, ALWAYS boil the noodles until just done to al dente (cooked but firm to bite)
The vegetables in the Chicken noodles give an added colour and flavour, making the plain noodles look bright and tasty indeed. Add any veggies for your choice.
You can either julienne the veggies or chop them to cubes, but be sure to cut all of same size for them to cook the same crunch.
Preparations like chopping veggies, shredding chicken and boiling the noodles can be done before hand. They stay well for 3-4 days in clean tight air tight container under refrigeration.
Adjust the sauces and spiciness ratio as per your liking. You can also go on ahead to add more of hot sauces and chilies if you wish to.
Lastly, do not miss on adding sesame oil to finish the noodles at the end. The addition of sesame oil gives authentic Chinese flavour to the dish.
Let’s run through this lovely recipe and its measures which is regular affair at our table, shall we?
Step by step instructions
To begin with, boil the Hakka noodles as per packet instructions.
In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and chillies and fry for few seconds. (photo 1).
Add onions and sauté on high for another 30 seconds. (photo 2).
Then, add, yellow and red pepper, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on high for another 30 seconds. (photo 3).
Now shove the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the lightly whisked eggs. Let the cook for a while and then scramble the eggs well. (photo 4).
Then add the shredded chicken and toss. (photo 5).
Add soy sauce, green chilli sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss once again. (photo 6).
Now add the boiled noodles and toss. (photo 7).
Finally, add spring onion greens, sesame oil and toss once. Chicken Hakka noodles is ready to serve. (photo 8).
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Chicken Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 150 grams Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ tablespoon Garlic ( finely chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chillies ( finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Onions (sliced)
- ⅓ cup Bell peppers (Yellow and Red) (Yellow and Red, julienned (optional))
- ¼ cup Capsicum ( julienned)
- ½ cup Cabbage ( shredded)
- 2 Eggs ( lightly whisked)
- 1 cup Chicken (boiled and shredded)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoon Green Chili sauce (you can increase or decrease it as per liking)
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- ⅓ cup Spring Onion Greens (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions given in the packet.
- In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and chillies and fry for few seconds.
- Add onions and sauté on high for 30 seconds.
- Then, add, yellow and red pepper, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on high for another 30 seconds.
- Now, shove the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the lightly whisked eggs. Let the cook for a while and then scramble the eggs well.
- Then add the shredded chicken, green chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss once everything well.
- Now add the boiled noodles and toss.
- Finally, add spring onion greens and sesame oil, toss once. Dish out and serve hot.
- Always boil Hakka noodles to al dente (which means, cooked but firm to bite) which will further prevent the noodles from getting sticky and mushy.
- Preparations like chopping veggies, shredding chicken and boiling the noodles can be done before hand. Be sure to coat the boiled noodles with little oil before storing. They stay well for 3 days in clean tight container under refrigeration.
- Always toss and cook noodles on high heat.
- Do not forget to finally finish the noodles with sesame oil to get authentic Chinese recipes flavour.
- Adjust the sauces and spiciness of the chicken noodles as per your liking
- Serve Chicken Hakka Noodles with hot sauces or.and with any Indo Chinese gravy of your liking