This stunningly delicious simple and easy Chicken Fried Rice will definitely make your weeknight dinner amazing! A classic homemade version of Chinese restaurant style chicken rice that is much better than your favourite take-out. Here is how to make protein packed chicken fried rice recipe in 10 minutes, step by step. And you can make this with brown rice too!
A main course street food dish loved one and all! The aromatic vibe of the fried rice is just WOW, one would surely hop into the wok and finish it all. It is a perfect chicken fried rice recipe that will damper your restaurant take out yearning.
Loads of Chinese food cooking happens at out home. My little one's ask me this question consistently, "Mamma, how do you make so delicious restaurant style chicken fried rice every time? They even asks me to pack this in their lunch box the next day.
Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken fried rice recipe is nothing but extremely simple dish of cooked rice tossed with chicken, eggs and choice of vegetables in basic Chinese sauces. The dish comes together in no time and goes perfect for weekday or weekend lunch or dinner.
Authentic chicken fried rice calls for the use of dry sherry or wine. But, as we do not use any of those, so I have skipped it here in this recipe. Furthermore, if you are looking for gluten free fried rice recipe, then use tamari instead of soy sauce.
Besides the Chinese version, the another style is, Japanese Chicken fried rice recipe (Tori Chahan Recipe). The Japanese style recipe uses Sake (Japanese rice wine) in combination with soy sauce.
Moreover, there are various methods of making fried rice from different parts of the world. Like, Singaporean, Indonesian (Nasi Goreng), Thai, Hawaii, Vietnamese and so on.
Do you know that a day old cooked rice taste much better than the freshly cooked rice for this recipe? So, it makes a good use of leftover rice, if you have already stored in refrigerator. Moreover, chopping and preparations can be done ahead and refrigerated to save the time.
This Chicken fried Rice
- Is easy and simple.
- Do not require fancy sauce or ingredients.
- Can be made using brown rice.
- Comes together quickly in no time.
- Is delicious, healthy and protein packed.
- Makes a good use of leftover rice.
- Can be frozen in portion upto 2 months for later use.
What vegetables can I use in Chicken Fried Rice Recipe?
You can use or substitute any vegetables of your choice. Usually, i use carrot, capsicum, bell peppers and beans. But, you can also choose to add mushrooms, corn, green peas, broccoli, cabbage or any of your favourites.
What rice can I use to make Chicken Fried rice?
Any variety of rice can go into the recipe. Usually, basmati rice either long grain or broken basmati rice is what I use. But, you can surely use Jasmine rice or any genre of rice that gives fluffy grains and do not clump together. Always avoid using sticky or glutinous rice to make the recipe.
How to make Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice Recipe?
Cauliflower fried rice is the healthier, low carb, keto friendly version. All you need to do is to replace the cooked rice with grated cauliflower and proceed following the same steps as mentioned below.
You may also like
Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients
- Cooked white rice or brown rice.
- Chicken breasts that is boiled and shredded. You can also use chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Vegetables like carrot and capsicum. You can any of your choice.
- Green onions and red onion.
- Chopped ginger, garlic and celery
- Rice vinegar. You can also regular white vinegar
- Red chilli sauce and low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Vegetable oil and sesame oil
How to make Chicken Fried Rice - Step by Step
First, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. (wok should be very hot)
Then, add beaten eggs and cook.
Scramble the eggs and take it out onto a plate.
Add, another 1 tablespoon of oil and heat. Then, add garlic, ginger, celery and fry for 1 minute until aromatic. (do not burn them).
Add spring onion whites and chopped onions and sauté for another minute.
Now, add carrots and capsicum and sauté for a minute
Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce salt and rice vinegar, mix everything well
Then, add boiled and shredded chicken and sauté
Add black pepper powder and cooked rice, stir until mixed well.
Finally, add sesame oil, eggs and spring onion greens and toss. Fried Rice is ready to serve.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Chicken Fried Rice Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
You can also FOLLOW Me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes and updates.
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Card
Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 cups Cooked Rice ((preferably a day old cooked rice))
- 1.5 cups Chicken (boiled and shredded)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup Mixed veggies (finely chopped (I have used capsicum and carrots))
- ⅓ cup Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Spring onion whites (chopped)
- ¼ cup Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Celery (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger (grated or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- First, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok
- Then, add beaten eggs and cook. Scramble the eggs and take it out onto a plate.
- Add, another 1 tablespoon of oil and heat. Then, add garlic, ginger, celery and fry for 1 minute until aromatic. (do not burn them).
- Add spring onion whites and chopped onions and sauté for a minute.
- Now, add carrots and capsicum and sauté for a minute
- Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce salt and vinegar, mix everything well
- Then, add boiled and shredded chicken and sauté
- Add black pepper powder and cooked rice, stir until mixed well.
- Finally, add sesame oil, eggs and spring onion greens and toss.
- Chicken Fried Rice is ready to serve.
I think the size of chicken breasts has changed dramatically since Julia Child's day, which could account for some of her shorter cook time.
This looks amazing! Nice work. I’ve never cooked with tamarind before.
it’s such a complete “brain save” for me. I literally do nothing.The texture ends up being a tad different, but not enough that my family has ever noticed. 🙂 The kids love having it cooked in baggies too because I will keep some in the fridge and it makes them much more apt to cook up something on their own. 🙂
Rakhshi Fatma Ansari
Wow, what a beautiful looking fried rice. Thanks for this recipe di.