This luscious Spiced Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake is a rich and moist cake loaded with a bouquet of flavours complimenting each other.
The beauty of blueberries along with the freshness of lemon zest mingling perfectly with the vibrant aromatic spices and crunch of walnut will keep you spell bound till you finish it.
And yes, you can say that now I am on a baking spree with many more bakes following this post. So if you are looking out for baking as a stress buster, which it is in my case too, stay tuned and look out for my oncoming posts..
So as of now, lets get going with this heartthrob baked beauty which will blow your mind once you get it done yourself…
Spiced Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe
Spiced Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1.75 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 175 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Walnut coarsely crushed
- 75 g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Clove powder
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all the ingredients well in a bowl and keep it in refrigerator until use.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees centigrade
- Grease and line the base of 9inch spring form pan.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, yolk and milk.
- In another large bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, castor sugar and lemon zest.
- In a stand mixer, add the flour mixture and mix on low speed for a minute.
- Add butter, cream, vanilla extract and mix for another minute or until the mixture is moistened.
- Now add ½ of the beaten egg mixture and mix for another half a minute.
- Add remaining ½ of the beaten egg mixture, lemon juice and mix for another half a minute.
- Scrape out the sides and make sure the batter is combined well.
- Transfer half of the mixed batter in a pan and level it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture and half of the blueberries.
- Put the remaining batter on the top and level it with a spatula
- Bake it for 25 to 30 mins in the preheated oven.
- Take out the pan from the oven and evenly sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture and spread the remaining blueberries on the top.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake it for another 25 to 30 mins or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Take the pan out and cool the cake for few mins.
- Now transfer the cake on the wire rack and cool it completely.
- Slice and enjoy the delicious Spiced Blueberry Crumb Coffee cake along with some fresh blueberries, cream and a cup of hot coffee.