A lustrous vibrant hearty Spinach and Fresh Green Peas Soup is a perfect start for spring. A healthy comforting bowl of goodness made using only 5 ingredients. It is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and super creamy without cream. Did I tell you it takes only 15 minutes to put together? Here is how to make green pea soup recipe step by step.
Green peas and spinach are often misguided as being turned into curries only. Of course soups are never a NO, especially in winters. This celery infused, potato cubed into the cream of green pea soup with spinach is to die for. Seasoned with red chili flakes and micro greens with crisply buttered croutons is perfect spring delight.
Fresh peas are still in season. So, without a delay, you should try this vegan pea soup. It take only 5 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking to make a delicious meal. A simple and easy recipe that you can make in slow cooker, stove top as well as instant pot pressure cooker
Do not have fresh peas with you? no worries, you can grab frozen peas to make this soup. Now, that makes the job easier, because we can make this green peas soup anytime. Indeed, no need to wait for winters only as to source the fresh green peas.
A cold breezy wintery evening or bright springy morning or dull gloomy rains, this pea soup is a perfect fit for every mood.
Without wasting any other minute let me quickly mention the list of ingredients below.
Green Pea Soup Ingredients
As I already mentioned that this recipe uses 5 ingredients, they are basic and present in our pantry.
We need green peas, spinach, potatoes celery stalks and garlic as main ingredients. Then, I have used olive oil and vegetable stock here, but you may opt for chicken stock and even water will be fine.
I have also used 1 tablespoon of vegan butter to enhance the taste of the soup. But you can use regular dairy butter instead. It will taste real good!
To garnish the soup, use coconut cream or fresh cream or yogurt. I have used coconut cream for the garnish along with microgreens and chilli flakes (optional).
How to make Green Pea Soup recipe – step by step
In a pan, heat olive oil. Then add sliced garlic and fry for few seconds until it releases the aroma
Add potatoes and fry for a minute.
Then, add spinach, celery stalk and green peas, toss well
Add vegetable stock , salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes
Vegetables should be fork tender, it is ready to blend into soup.
Using immersion blender, blend it to smooth puree. Stir in the butter. Delicious green pea soup is ready to serve. Dish out into bowls, garnish with coconut cream or fresh cream/yogurt, chilli flakes and some microgreens (optional) and serve.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Green Pea Soup Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Green Pea Soup Recipe card
Spinach and Green Pea Soup
- 2 cups Green Peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Spinach finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Celery Stalks
- 1 Potato medium sized, cubed
- 4 -5 Garlic finely sliced
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter if vegan, then vegan butter
To garnish the pea soup
- Coconut cream or Fresh Cream or Yogurt
- Microgreens or herbs of choice
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Then add sliced garlic and fry for few seconds until it releases the aroma
- Add potatoes and fry for a minute.
- Then, add spinach, celery stalk and green peas, toss well
- Add vegetable stock , salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes
- Vegetables should be fork tender, it is ready to blend into soup.
- Using immersion blender, blend it to smooth puree. Stir in the butter. Delicious green pea soup is ready to serve. Dish out into bowls, garnish with coconut cream or fresh cream/yogurt, chilli flakes and some microgreens (optional) and serve.