Look at that! A deliciously creamy cauliflower soup, isn't that alluring? This keto friendly low carb cream of cauliflower soup recipe will surely meet all your expectations to comfort your cravings. Loaded with walnuts, and delicately flavoured with dill, the soup that you would love to have repeatedly.
This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is
- Gluten free
- Low carb
- Easily customisable
- Keto friendly
- You can add grated cheese of your choice to make it more creamy
- You can make it Vegan too
Can we Use Chicken broth to make this cream of cauliflower soup recipe?
Ingredients you need for Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This easy cauliflower soup recipe needs the very basic handful of ingredients only.
To begin with, grab a fresh cauliflower head and chop them into florets. You can also pick up frozen cauliflower florets from the shelf of the supermarket.
I have taken a mix of olive and butter as I love this combination in any soups. But, you can use olive oil and vegan butter for Vegan version, like I do sometimes.
Sliced Garlic cloves and chopped onions gets sautéed in oil/butter. Fresh dill leaves goes in, however you use any herbs you like, namely parsley, thyme or sage. But keep in mind not to overburden the soup with strong aromatic herbs, so add in moderation just to flavour it delicately.
Cook everything in either vegetable broth or chicken broth along with bay leaf.
To make the soup creamy, I have used milk and cream. You can also add handful of sharp cheddar to make it more creamy and cheesy. For Vegan cauliflower soup recipe, you can easily go ahead with using almond or coconut milk along with some coconut cream or vegan cheese. I love this cauliflower soup with almond milk.
Finish the soup with coarsely chopped walnuts or pecan nuts, some ground nutmeg and chilli flakes.
Stovetop Creamy Cauliflower soup recipe
- In a pan, heat oil and butter together, add chopped garlic and fry till light golden. Add onion and sauté till onion turns soft and pink. Then, add cauliflower and sauté for a minute.
2. Add dill leaves, vegetable/chicken stock, bay leaf and bring it to boil. Cover and cook till cauliflower is soft. Take it off the heat, discard bay leaf and blend it to smooth puree using immersion hand blender
3. Add milk in the puree and bring it to boil. Then add walnut, salt, pepper, chili flakes, nutmeg powder, mix very well and cook till it reaches thick soup consistency. Add cream, mix well and cook for another half a minute.
4. Dish out in serving bowls, garnish with cream, chili flakes, walnut and dill leaves and serve with garlic toast/croutons/crackers/bread sticks.
You May Also Like:
Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk and Sage
How To Make Cauliflower Soup Recipe in Instant Pot - Step by Step
To start with, press sauté mode of the IP. Once the IP displays 'hot', then add olive oil and butter together. Now, add sliced garlic and fry until golden.
Add chopped onions and fry until pink. This will take a minute or 2
Then add fresh cauliflower florets and sauté for 2 minutes
Add vegetable stock, bay leaf, chopped dill leaves and salt, give a gentle stir.
Now, switch of the sauté mode. Close the IP lid with the pressure valve in sealing position. Press Manual/Pressure cook button and set the timer to 5 minutes on high pressure. IP takes 7-8 minutes to build the pressure, so sit back and relax. Avoid opening the pot in between.
Allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes then Quick release the pressure (QPR) by changing the valve from sealing to venting position. Open the pot and allow it to rest for minute or 2.
Then, discard the bay leaf and using the immersion blender, blend the cooked cauliflower to a smooth puree. Now, switch on the sauté mode on low, add milk, walnut and nutmeg and simmer for minute. Stir once in between.
Then add fresh cream or coconut cream, pepper powder and mix, simmer for another 30 seconds
Finally add red chilli flakes and mix. Creamy Cauliflower soup is ready to serve.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
You can also FOLLOW Me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes and updates
Low Carb Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe Card
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 3 cups Cauliflower florets (roughly cut)
- 1 Onion (medium sized, chopped)
- 6 cloves Garlic (finely sliced)
- 1.5 cups Vegetable stock (or Chicken stock)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 tbsp Walnuts or Pecan Nuts (roughly chopped)
- ¾ cup Milk or Almond/Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Coconut Cream (or Fresh cream)
- 2 tbsp Dill leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter (or Vegan Butter)
- A large pinch of nutmeg powder
- Chilli flakes as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start with, press sauté mode of the IP. Once the IP displays 'hot', then add olive oil and butter together. Now, add sliced garlic and fry until golden.
- Add chopped onions and fry until pink. This will take a minute or 2
- Then add fresh cauliflower florets and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add vegetable stock, bay leaf, chopped dill leaves and salt, give a gentle stir.
- Now, switch of the sauté mode. Close the IP lid with pressure valve in sealing position. Press Manual/Pressure cook button and set the timer to 5 minutes on high pressure. IP takes 7-8 minutes to build the pressure, so sit back and relax. Avoid opening the pot in between.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes then Quick release the pressure (QPR) by changing the valve from sealing to venting position. Open the pot and allow it to rest for minute or 2.
- Then, discard the bay leaf and using the immersion blender, blend the cooked cauliflower to a smooth puree. Now, switch on the sauté mode on low, add milk, walnut, nutmeg and simmer for minute. Stir once in between.
- Then add fresh cream or coconut cream, pepper powder and mix, simmer for another 30 seconds
- Finally add red chilli flakes and mix. Creamy Cauliflower soup is ready to serve.
- You can also use chicken stock instead of veg stock.
- Add some grated cheese for more creaminess
- You can make this recipe on stovetop too.
Claire | The Simple, Sweet Life
I love a good creamy soup this time of year, and I bet cauliflower makes for the perfect creamy vegetable base. We'll definitely be adding this to our menu in the not-too-distant future.
I've never had cauliflower soup before but this recipe really makes me want to try it out! It looks and sounds amazing!
Marisa F. Stewart
I didn't think I'd be able to make such a delicious soup that would also be good for me. I couldn't believe it. So rich and creamy and I presented it just like you did. The soup went fast -- I'm planning on making it again this week.
Thank you so much Marisa 🙂
This easy instant pot cauliflower soup is a great way to warm up in the colder weather and have a healthy alternative to heavy cream soups.
Soups are always so comforting and healthy 🙂
This is definitely a winner! Simple ingredients, step by step instruction and the final presentation is gorgeous! I can't wait to try it.
Thank you so much Denise,
Am so glad you liked it. 🙂
If I had to name a cauliflower soup that is hands down one of the best this season, this one would be it, no doubt. Fantastic-looking, I bet it tastes even better! Great decision to load it with walnuts - yum!
Thank you very much for lovely words of appreciation Elaine 🙂
Walnuts and cauliflower goes together so well in soup, this is one of my favorite.
I love all the little touches that you have in this recipe. Flavoring the soup with dill is ALWAYS a good idea. And the color... it's amazing!
Thank you so much 🙂
yes, Dill always gives such a delicate touch and flavor to soups and salads.
What a quick and comforting soup. I love my instant pot...but I haven't made soup in it yet. Just stock. Great flavours too...I'm intrigued by the walnut/cauliflower combination.
Thank you Bernice 🙂
I am sure you will be more than happy once you start making soups in IP 🙂
Walnut and cauliflower has been one of my favorite combo in soups.
I get so excited when I get to add new instant pot recipes to my recipe collection, and this one looks especially tasty! Love that it is low carb and garnished with walnuts! So awesome.
Thanks you tonnes Aleta!
I so agree to you, am always excited to make new instant pot recipes and add it to collections as well.