Here I go with my fusion experiment of Indian Chaat with Fruits and Tart. Once you put this in your mouth, you will be experiencing and getting lost in the gamut of flavors.
I have used salted butter for making tarts..so I have not added any addintional salt. If using unsalted butter please add ½ tsp of salt to the flour.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this "Recipe"? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Fruity Tart Chaat Recipe Card
Fruity Tart Chaat
For tart shell:
- 200 gms All-purpose flour
- 110 gms Butter
- ½ tsp Carom seeds ( (ajwain))
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- Few tablespoons of cold water.
- ½ Green Apple (finely cubed)
- ½ cup Pomegranate
- 5 tbsp Corn (boiled)
- ¼ cup Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 large Potato (boiled and finely cubed)
- 1 nos Onion ( medium size, chopped)
- ½ cup Roasted Peanut
- ¼ cup Fried Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Green Chili
- ½ tsp Red Chili fFakes
- ¼ tsp Black Salt ( (rock salt))
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Salt (as required)
- ¼ cup Nylon Sev
For Tart shells:
- Mix the butter, carom seeds, cumin seeds and all-purpose flour with the fingers until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Then transfer mixture on work surface. Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water and knead very gently to bring them together to form a ball (Don’t knead it too much with your palm)
- Wrap the tart dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 mins. Divide the dough into equal small balls.
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees centrigade.
- Grease the mini tart pan.
- Place the tart dough in the center of the mini tart pan, press the dough with your thumb to form a shape and size of the mini tart pan. Pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. This will help the prevent the puffing up while baking.
- Fill the tarts with pie weight or kidney beans
- Bake it for 15-20mins or till golden brown
- Cool it for few mins and remove the pie weight or kidney beans.
- Once done, allow them to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except nylon sev.
- Fill the tart shells with the prepared Chaat.
- Top with some more green chutney and sweet chutney if preferred.
- Garnish with nylon sev and some more green coriander leaves.
- Enjoy them anytime of the day.