Here I go with my fusion experiment of Indian Chaat with Fruits and Tart. Once you put this in your mouth, you will be experiencing and getting lost in the gamut of flavors.
I have used salted butter for making tarts..so I have not added any addintional salt. If using unsalted butter please add 1/2 tsp of salt to the flour.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Fruity Tart Chaat Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Fruity Tart Chaat Recipe Card
Fruity Tart Chaat
For tart shell:
- 200 gms all-purpose flour
- 110 gms butter
- ½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Few tablespoons of cold water.
- ½ of green apple finely cubed
- ½ cup pomegranate
- 5 tbsp corn boiled
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 large potato boiled and finely cubed
- 1 nos onion medium size, chopped
- ½ cup roasted peanut
- ¼ cup fried chana dal
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 green chili chopped finely (you can add more or less asr prefered)
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp black salt (rock salt)
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Mint-coriander chutney as required here’s the link
- Sweet jaggery chutney as required here’s the link
- Salt as required
- ¼ cup nylon sev.
For Tart shells:
- Mix the butter, carom seeds, cumin seeds and all-purpose flour with the fingers until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Then transfer mixture on work surface. Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water and knead very gently to bring them together to form a ball (Don’t knead it too much with your palm)
- Wrap the tart dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 mins. Divide the dough into equal small balls.
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees centrigade.
- Grease the mini tart pan.
- Place the tart dough in the center of the mini tart pan, press the dough with your thumb to form a shape and size of the mini tart pan. Pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. This will help the prevent the puffing up while baking.
- Fill the tarts with pie weight or kidney beans
- Bake it for 15-20mins or till golden brown
- Cool it for few mins and remove the pie weight or kidney beans.
- Once done, allow them to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except nylon sev.
- Fill the tart shells with the prepared Chaat.
- Top with some more green chutney and sweet chutney if preferred.
- Garnish with nylon sev and some more green coriander leaves.
- Enjoy them anytime of the day !!