Mango shrikhand is very simple sweet dish with goodness of mango, yoghurt, saffron and dry fruits. It is made in almost every home when mangoes are season.
It is thick creamy, silky dessert garnished with slivered dry fruits and saffron. Once you put a spoonful of aam shrikhand in your mouth, you will gobble it to even a last bit licking your bowl clean asking it for more and more.
You can use any good variety of mango to make this shrikhand. Personally, I prefer to use either Alphonso or Kesar for any mango dessert or sweet.
Although the fresh mango puree always works best. But, you can use canned mango puree as well.
My friends and readers in other part of the world can easily go for canned mango pulp. Try and get your hands on alphonso or kesar variety mango puree.
How To make Mango Shrikhand Recipe
You Might Also Like :
Have you tried this “Amrakhand Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.You can also FOLLOW Me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes and updates.
Mango Shrikhand (Amrakhand)
- 500 grams Yogurt
- A Good Pinch of Saffron
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- ½ cup Mango Pulp (Mango pulp (I have used fresh pulp of alphonso mango))
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Mango (cut in small cubes)
- Slivers of Almonds and Pistachios
- Few Saffron Strands
- Take a clean muslin cloth and pour all the yogurt, tie it well. Hang yoghurt on kitchen tap for 2-3 hours.
- Place an empty bowl below to collect the whey. The mass left behind in muslin cloth is known as ‘Chakka’.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
- In a bowl, combine chakka, mango pulp, cardamom powder, sugar(as required) and saffron soaked milk. Whisk well.
- Chill it for few hours.
- In serving bowl, add shrikhand, mango cubes and garnish with slivered almonds, pistachios and saffron.
- Serve Chilled as is or with poories.