Paneer Bhurji or Paneer Bhujia – is a quick, delicious and one of the best paneer dishes of scrambled Indian cottage cheese in tomato onion masala and spices. The touch of capsicum in this Punjabi style altogether gives a refreshing taste to the dish. Here is how to make paneer bhurji recipe step by step in 15 minutes only!
Let’s talk about this North Indian Recipe – paneer bhurji. Scrambled Indian cottage cheese masala specifically means paneer bhurji recipe in hindi.
Paneer ki bhurji is delicious scrambled dish of grated paneer sautéed with onion tomatoes based masala. No fancy masala required particularly to make this yummy bhurji.
Significantly, just a quick toss of paneer with available spices in your pantry will create a magic in flat 15 minutes. For vegetarians, paneer bhurji recipe is a delicious protein substitution dish to egg bhurji
Paneer being rich in protein and calcium, include it in your diet more often. Apart from offering nutrients, it also keeps hunger pangs away keeping you full and energetic.
Furthermore, I always prefer to make this bhurji in ghee or butter only to make it more rich tasty. But, you can opt for oil or butter or mixture of both as well. Serve this hot paneer bharta with crisp lachha parathas or phulkas or pav and I am sure it will be washed-up in no time
Tips to make best Paneer Bhurji at home
- Always use fresh malai paneer to make paneer bhujia
- If you want to make gravy, then add water and cook onion tomato masala, before adding the crumbled paneer
- To make restaurant style paneer bhurji, add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree to the recipe
- Do add capsicum, as it give amazing flavour and crunch to bhurji
- If you love smoky Dhaba style paneer bhurji, them give charcoal dhungar once the dish is ready.
Variations in Paneer Bhurji
- Matar Paneer Bhurji – Just before adding crumbled paneer, add fresh or frozen green peas in the masala and cook until peas are cooked well.
- Palak paneer Bhurji – Add finely chopped spinach to the masala and cook
- Methi Paneer Bhurji – Addition of fresh fenugreek gives nice flavour and aroma to the dish.
- Mumbai Style Paneer Bhurji – Add teaspoon of Pav bhaji masala to the below recipe to make street style paneer recipe and serve it with butter Pav.
Serve it with Indian breads like, parathas or nan for weekday dinners or with pav or toasted bread for breakfast meal.
Also, here are some of the best paneer dishes you might like to try
Whenever you are short of veggies at home, quick paneer dishes like this paneer bhujia comes to the rescue.
Pack it for kids lunch box either as a bhurji paratha or roll it into a paratha with ketchup to make it a bhurji roll.
Add the delicious bhujia between the chutney and butter slathered bread and toast it on tawa to make bhurji sandwich
Now, Let’s go through how to make this quick paneer bhujia and feast your family and guest anytime
How to make paneer bhurji recipe – step by step
To begin with, heat oil and ghee in pan or kadhai. Once the oil and ghee heats up, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
Then, add garlic, ginger and green chilies and fry for a minute or until raw smell goes off
Add onions and salt, fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft
Add turmeric, red chili, coriander powder, tomatoes and sauté for another minute. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are soft
Add capsicum and cook for another minute or two.
Then, add paneer, garam masala powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Finally, add lemon juice and mix
Dish out and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha or phulkas and even pulao of your choice
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Paneer Bhurji Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Dry Paneer Bhurji Recipe
to prepare paneer bhurji in Punjabi Style
- 250 grams Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) grated or crumbled
- ½ cup Onions finely chopped
- ¾ cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- ¾ teaspoon Green chillies or Serrano peppers finely chopped or paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Capsicum medium size, diced
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or butter
- Coriander leaves for garnish
how to make paneer bhurji recipe
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadhai, heat oil and butter/ghee together
- Add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Then, add garlic, ginger and green chilies and fry for a minute or until raw smell goes off
- Add onions and salt fry for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft
- Add turmeric, red chilli, coriander powder, tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are soft
- Add capsicum and cook for another minute.
- Then, add paneer, garam masala powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes
- Finally, add lemon juice and mix
- Paneer Bhurji is ready to be served. Dish out and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha or phulkas and even pulao of your choice