Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala | How to Make Paneer Butter Masala | Easy Paneer butter masala. It is a delectable creamy dish of paneer cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy, spices and cream. The mildly sweet, rich and creamy gravy of Butter Paneer here I am sharing with you all is an easy restaurant style paneer curry recipe. Now, you really do not need to rush to restaurants to enjoy your favourite dish. It is an absolutely easy recipe to make, and definitely a star at your table. You can serve this delicious easy paneer butter masala with any Indian flat bread or pulao of your choice. We are an ardent fan of Paneer Curry varieties.
To make Paneer Butter Masala, first, we need to make a masala gravy (tomato cashew gravy) base by cooking tomatoes along with spices and seasonings in butter. Then, puree the tomato based gravy and simmer it along with spice powders, sugar, and dried fenugreek. Lastly, add Paneer and dress the dish finally with cream. Dish is ready to serve.
Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala
Up here on the blog today, is an excellent creamy Paneer Butter Masala Recipe, an authentic Punjabi recipe. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese), I can say is considered as the king in veg dishes, be it for starters or the main course, followed by the rest of the veg curries. We often crave and especially turn up to restaurants to have variety of Paneer dishes. I as a cook, if I love any particular dish in a restaurant or places other than what I cook myself in my kitchen, immensely makes me feel like trying it out myself as soon as possible. Just because I love falling deeper in my passion.
Truly speaking, this gorgeous look of butter paneer curry makes my family so anxious that they just jump over it on the dining table to enjoy it. Not only the looks, also the mesmerizing aroma and the mixture of all the items all together gives out a beautiful outcome. This Paneer recipe can surely be added in the weekend menu ideas list as a rich main course.
In my palak paneer restaurant style recipe, I have shared few essential tips on how to keep paneer soft while making any paneer recipes. Please do refer to this tip before, heading to cook this easy paneer butter masala or any paneer curry
Difference between Paneer Butter Masala and Paneer Makhani Gravy:
Restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala and Paneer Makhani are not eaxctly the same. Here, you will find a slight difference in both even though they both are cooked in butter(makhan). Paneer butter masala gravy has the base of tomatoes cooked with spices, cashew nuts and then pureed. While, in paneer makhani recipe, the makhani gravy has a base of chopped onions, whole spices, seasonings and tomato puree.
Soon, I shall be sharing easy paneer makhani recipe here on the blog. However, many do call butter paneer as paneer makhani also. If you are looking for no onion no garlic paneer butter masala gravy in restaurant style, the only thing you to do is just skip garlic and proceed with rest. However, we are not using onion in this recipe of butter masala gravy. So, just skipping the garlic from this recipe, will solve the purpose easily.
How to Make Vegan Paneer Butter Masala Curry:
Are you looking for vegan butter masala recipe? Okay ! so, to make vegan curry, just swap the paneer with tofu (or vegan paneer), dairy butter with vegan butter. In addition to this step, also substitute fresh cream with cashew cream or coconut cream. And, vegan Tofu Butter Masala Recipe ready for you.
Ingredients used to make easy paneer butter masala recipe:
Here, I have here used fresh malai paneer, ripe red tomatoes which has to be roughly chopped. The other ingredient includes cashew nuts (as it is an excellent item to make the gravy thick, rich and gives a beautiful texture). This is Followed by a piece of ginger, garlic, green chilies, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf.
Then comes the spice powders like dhaniya (coriander) powder, haldi (turmeric) powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, Garam masala powder and salt. Lastly, we need kasuri Methi. Adding little sugar to the gravy gives is mild sweetness as well as spark to the gravy.
Cream, packed as well as home made fresh cream can also be used. Furthermore, we have to cook all the ingredients in butter to give that per texture, aroma and taste to get the best Paneer Butter Masala at home. You can adjust the amount of green chillies and red chilli powder as per you liking. Ofcourse, you can add more to make it a spicy dish.
Breads and rice that goes best with Paneer Butter Masala:
The mildly sweet buttery flavor adds an extra delight to this dish making it a perfect main course to go along both tandoori Roti or Plain roti and with Jeera Rice. We can serve paneer butter masala with any Indian flatbread bread i.e. Roti/Phulka, Garlic Butter naan or Kasuri Naan, Kulcha, regular or Butter Tandoori Roti, butter Naan, laccha paratha and Roomali Roti. Undoubtedly, this restaurant style paneer butter masala goes best with Easy Zafrani Pulao or Jeera rice along with salads on the side or just sliced onion rings and lemon slices.
Some of the best Paneer Recipes you might want to try:
How to make Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe below:Print
Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala recipe- is a delectable creamy dish of paneer cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy, spices and cream. The mildly sweet, rich and creamy gravy of butter paneer masala is an easy restaurant style paneer recipe. Serve this delicious Paneer Butter Masala with any Indian flat bread or pulao of your choice.
- 200 grams, Paneer, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes (ripe and firm red tomatoes), roughly chopped
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon, Shajeera
- ½ inch, ginger piece, grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch, cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon, haldi powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon, dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoon, Kashmiri red chili powder(Kashmiri lal mirch powder)
- ¾ teaspoon, garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon, kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon, sugar
- 2 tablespoons, cream
- 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons, butter
To make butter masala gravy:
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Add shah zeera and fry for few seconds
- Then, add garlic, ginger and green chili for few seconds
- Now add cashew nuts and fry for a minute
- Add tomatoes and sauté on high for a minute. Cook until tomatoes are soft
- now, take it off the heat and cool completely
- Grind the butter masala gravy to a very fine paste. At this stage, you can store butter masala gravy in clean freezer safe container or zip pouch easily for up to 6 months. Whenever you wish to make any paneer curry or veg gravy, just thaw it at room temperature for some time and you are good to go.
Making of paneer butter masala gravy:
- To make butter masala recipe, next we need to melt 3 tablespoons of butter ina pan or kadhai.
- Next, add bay leaf and cinnamon stick, fry for few seconds
- Then, lower the heat and add spice powders (except garam masala) and kasuri methi, fry for few seconds (do not burn)
- Now, add butter masala gravy, saute on high for a minute. Stir in between
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until masala starts releasing the oil.
- Now, add little water depending upon the consistency of the gravy you need. Do not add too much water at a time. Bring it to a boil. Add cream and mix.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and sugar. Mix well. Cook for only a minute
- Add some more kasuri methi if you prefer
- Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve.
- Serve this restautant style paneer butter masala with tandoori roti, butter naan or pulao of your choice.
If you have allergy to cashew nuts or if they are not available with you, swap the cashew nuts with blanched and peeled almonds. Some times, I do use almonds for paneer butter masala gravy instead of cashew nuts.