Best Paneer Butter masala recipe – a delectable quick and one of the best paneer recipes, cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy, spices and cream. The mildly sweet, rich and creamy gravy of butter paneer here I am sharing with you all is an easy restaurant style paneer curry recipe. Indeed, you really do not need to rush to restaurants to enjoy your favourite dishes. It is an absolutely easy recipe of paneer sabji to make, hence truly a star at your table always. After all, easy paneer recipes are all time love for we Indians. You can serve this delicious butter paneer masala with any Indian flat bread like tandoori roti or jeera rice. All in all, a perfect restaurant made or dhaba flavour paneer gravy recipe to enjoy occasionally or frequently at home. Here is how to make Paneer Butter Masala restaurant style step by step.
Paneer Butter Masala Restaurant Style
Up here on the blog today, is an excellent creamy and a very tasty easy Paneer Butter Masala Recipe, an authentic Punjabi recipe. Indian cottage cheese known as Paneer in hindi, I can say is considered as the king in veg dishes, be it for starters or the main course, followed by the rest of the veg curries. We often crave and especially turn up to restaurants to have variety of Paneer dishes. I as a cook, if I love any particular dish in a restaurant or places other than what I cook myself in my kitchen, immensely makes me feel like trying it out myself as soon as possible. Just because I love falling deeper in my passion.
Truly speaking, this gorgeous look of butter paneer curry makes my family so anxious that they just jump over it on the dining table to enjoy it. Not only the looks, also the mesmerizing aroma and the mixture of all the items all together gives out a beautiful outcome. This simple Paneer recipe can surely be added in the weekend menu ideas list as a rich main course. Furthermore, if you love smoky flavour in this recipe, then go ahead with charcoal dhungar and enjoy dhaba style butter paneer masala recipe as homw
Difference between Paneer Butter Masala Recipe and Paneer Makhani Gravy Recipe:
Restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala recipe and Paneer Makhani are not exactly the same. Here, you will find a slight difference in both even though they both are cooked in butter(makhan). Butter paneer masala gravy has the base of tomatoes cooked with spices, cashew nuts and then pureed. While, in paneer makhani recipe, the makhani gravy has a base of chopped onions, whole spices, seasonings and tomato puree.
Soon, I shall be sharing easy paneer makhani recipe here on the blog. However, many do call butter paneer as paneer makhani also. If you are looking for Jain version, no onion no garlic restaurant style paneer butter masala gravy, the only thing you to do is just skip garlic and proceed with rest. However, we are not using onion in this recipe of butter masala gravy. So, just skipping the garlic from this recipe, will solve the purpose easily. And, so you will have easy paneer butter masala recipe without onion and garlic. Soon, InShaaAllah , I shall be sharing some more lip smacking easy paneer recipes for you all to try and enjoy at home 🙂
Easy Paneer Butter Masala Ingredients::
Here, I have here used fresh malai paneer cubes, ripe red tomatoes which has to be roughly chopped. The other ingredient includes cashewnuts (as it is an excellent item to make the gravy thick, rich and gives a beautiful texture). This is Followed by a piece of ginger garlic, green chilies, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf.
Then comes the spice powders like dhaniya powder (coriander powder), haldi (turmeric) powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, Garam masala powder and salt. Lastly, we need kasuri Methi. Adding little sugar to the gravy gives is mild sweetness as well as spark to the gravy.
Cream, packed as well as home made fresh cream can also be used. Furthermore, we have to cook all the ingredients in butter to give that per texture, aroma and taste to get the best Paneer curry at home. You can adjust the amount of green chillies and red chilli powder as per you liking. Ofcourse, you can add more to make it a spicy butter paneer.
In my palak paneer restaurant style recipe, I have shared few essential tips on how to keep paneer soft while making any paneer recipes. Please do refer to this tip before, heading to cook this easy paneer butter masala recipe or any dhaba style paneer gravy recipes.
Can Paneer Butter Masala be frozen?
Yes, we can freeze butter paneer masala in a clean airtight container for good 3 months. Before serving, thaw it well at the counter and reheat it in microwave or on stove top.
Tips to make best Paneer Butter Masala at home:
To make paneer butter masala, always use best quality fresh malai paneer cubes. You can also make malai paneer at home as well.
Always, pick firm red tomatoes to make butter masala gravy to get the best result.
While making the butter masala paste, make sure that the masala paste is fine and smooth. This will result in smooth silky buttery gravy.
You can also freeze the butter masala gravy in a clean container for 3-4 months. Thaw it at the counter for 4-5 hours and proceed with addition of paneer to give the final touch to the gravy.
As the name says, make the paneer butter masala recipe in butter only. However, you can use the mix of oil and butter to cook the curry, but when cooked in butter, it gives authentic rich the real butter paneer masala at home.
If you love the smoky flavor in Paneer butter masala than proceed with the charcoal dhungar following the steps that I have shown in Chicken tikka masala
How to Make Paneer Butter Masala Curry Vegan?
Are you looking for vegan butter masala recipe? Okay ! so, to make vegan curry, just swap the paneer with tofu (or vegan paneer), dairy butter with vegan butter. In addition to this step, also substitute fresh cream with cashew cream or coconut cream. And, vegan tofu butter masala Recipe ready for you.
Breads and rice to serve with Paneer Butter Masala:
The mildly sweet buttery flavor adds an extra delight to this butter paneer making it a perfect main course to go along both tandoori Roti or Plain roti and with Jeera Rice. We can serve paneer butter masala with any Indian flatbread bread i.e. Roti/Phulka, Garlic Butter naan regular or Butter Tandoori Roti, butter Naan, laccha paratha and Roomali Roti. Undoubtedly, this restaurant style paneer butter masala goes best with zafrani pualo or Jeera rice along with salads on the side or just sliced onion rings and lemon slices.
The vegetarian Indian meal plan of Matar paneer ke kabab as a starters, Dal Makhani and Butter Paneer Masala with butter naan or lachha paratha and zafrani pulao as a main course is the best to go with for weekend dinner ideas with family or friends. Do not forget to add some methi lehsun ka raita with raita on the sides and Ras Malai as the dessert.
Some of the best Paneer Recipes you might want to try:
Restaurant style Paneer Pasanda Recipe here if you are looking for easy restaurant style paneer recipes.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe (Butter Paneer Masala) Below:Print
Paneer Butter Masala recipe – is a delectable creamy dish of paneer cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy, spices and cream. The mildly sweet, rich and creamy gravy of butter paneer masala is one of the easiest paneer recipes in restaurant style. Serve this delicious Paneer Butter Masala curry with any Indian flat bread like naan, lachha paratha or zafrani pulao or jeera rice and it goes best with peas pulao also.
for preparation of paneer butter masala:
- 200 grams, Paneer, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes (ripe and firm red tomatoes), roughly chopped
- 9-10 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon, Shajeera
- ½ inch, ginger piece, chopped or grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 1 inch, cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon, haldi powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon, dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoon, Kashmiri red chili powder(Kashmiri lal mirch powder)
- ¾ teaspoon, garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon, kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon, sugar
- 2 tablespoons, cream
- 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons, butter
how to prepare paneer butter masala paste:
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. While the butter melts, add shajeera and fry for few seconds
- Then, add garlic, ginger and green chili for few seconds
- Now add cashew nuts and fry for a minute
- Add tomatoes and sauté on high for a minute.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft. Now, take it off the heat and cool completely
- Grind the butter masala gravy to a very fine paste. At this stage, you can store butter masala gravy in clean freezer safe container or zip pouch easily for up to 6 months. Whenever you wish to make any paneer curry or veg gravy, just thaw it at room temperature for some time and you are good to go.
how to make paneer butter masala:
- To make butter masala recipe, next we need to melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan or kadhai. Next, add bay leaf and cinnamon stick, fry for few seconds
- Then, lower the heat and add spice powders (except garam masala), fry for few seconds (do not burn)
- Now add kasuri methi and mix.
- Then, add butter masala gravy, saute on high for a minute. Stir in between
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until masala starts releasing the oil.
- Now, add little water depending upon the consistency of the gravy you need. Do not add too much water at a time.
- Bring it to a boil. Once the gravy boils, add cream and mix. Cook for a minute.
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and sugar. Mix well. Cook for only a minute. Add some more kasuri methi if you prefer. Butter Paneer is ready to serve. Serve this restautant style paneer butter masala with tandoori roti, butter naan or pulao of your choice.
If you have allergy to cashew nuts or if they are not available with you, swap the cashew nuts with blanched and peeled almonds. Some times, I do use almonds for paneer butter masala gravy instead of cashew nuts.
Keywords: Paneer Butter Masala, Paneer Butter Masala Recipe, Paneer Recipes, Butter Paneer, Paneer Masala
How to make Paneer Butter Masala Recipe (Butter paneer recipe) step by step photos:
to prepare paneer butter masala paste :
- To begin with, in a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. While the butter melts, add shahjeera and fry for few seconds
2. As the shah jeera is getting fried, then add garlic, ginger and green chili for few seconds
3. Once the raw small of garlic goes off, its time to add cashews. So, now add cashew nuts and fry for a minute
4. Then, add tomatoes and sauté on high for a minute.
5. Cook until tomatoes are soft. Once the tomatoes are soft and everything cooks well, take it off the heat and cool completely.
6. After the cooked tomatoes masala cools off completely, then add it to the grinder. So, now its time to grind the butter masala gravy to a very fine paste. Furthermore, at this stage, you can store butter masala gravy in clean freezer safe container or zip pouch easily for up to 6 months. Whenever you wish to make butter paneer or any veg gravy, just thaw it at room temperature for some time and you are good to go.
to cook paneer butter masala recipe:
7. Firstly, to make paneer butter masala recipe, we need to melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan or kadhai. While the butter melts, add bay leaf and cinnamon stick, fry for few seconds
8. Then, lower the heat and add spice powders (except garam masala)
9. Once the spices powders cooks well and raw smell goes off, add kasuri methi, fry for few seconds. Be sure to avoid the burning of masalas.
10. Now, add butter masala gravy, saute on high for a minute until everything mixes well. Stir in between
11. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until masala starts releasing the oil.
12. Then, add little water depending upon the consistency of the butter paneer gravy you need. Do not add too much water at a time. Bring it to a boil.
13. Once the gravy start boiling, add cream and mix. Cook for a minute.
14. Lastly, add paneer, garam masala powder and sugar. Mix well. Cook for only a minute. So if you wish, you may add some kasuri methi if you prefer. Easy butter paneer gravy is ready to serve. Serve this restautant style paneer butter masala with tandoori roti, butter naan or pulao of your choice.