- 1 large eggplant (aubergine) cut in 1 cm slices
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- mustard oil for frying
how to make baingan bhaja
- To start with, firstly, clean, wash and slice the baingan evenly.
- Now, on a plate, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice
- Then, evenly coat all the slices with prepared spice mix and cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Now, heat mustard oil in a pan (upto 1 cm thickness)
- Gently add marinated baingan into hot oil and fry them from the sides (2 minutes on each side)
- Take out the fried baingan on to a plate.
- Begun bhaja or baingan bhaja is ready to serve. Serve this baingan fry with khichuri, luchi or dal rice.