Achari Bharwa Baingan (Achari Baingan)is a lip smacking North Indian preparation of an eggplants stuffed with pickling spices. Achari Bharwan Baingan makes a brilliant main course for lunch as well as dinner and couples best with phulkas, nan, parathas, pooris, dal-rice and even Khichdi. The key to get this delicious achari flavour is the use of little pickle oil that lift up the flavour a notch higher. Do try it and I am absolutely sure you all will love it to the core 🙂
I have away from cooking past few weeks, whatever is happening in my kitchen its totally made by my maid. But my inner ghost keeps me dragging into the kitchen at least once in a week to ensure I don't forget cooking 🙂 and it again won battle against me. I know, I have been on and off from this space but I ensure to get the best from my kitchen to you all 🙂
Achari flavoured delicacies are my hubby’s favorite, so I mostly stock my kitchen pantry with some home made Achari masala too...
Here are some more Achari recipes you might love to try:
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Achari Bharwa Baingan Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Achari Bharwa Baingan Recipe Card
Bharwa Baingan (Achari Baingan)
- 500 grams brinjal (small eggplants) small variety, slit quarterly
- 2 cups onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon amchoor ( dry mango powder)
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons achaar ( any pickle) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- Juice of one small lemon
- Salt as per taste
Dry roast and grind:-
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon methi seeds (feneugreek seeds)
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds ( kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- In heavy bottom pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions and fry until soft and light golden
- Add ginger garlic and sauté for few minutes until raw smell goes off
- Add tomatoes, ground masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric and amchoor
- Sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add few tablespoon of water and cook until masala is done well
- Take it off the heat and cool
- Transfer the masala on to plate and mix achaar oil
- Now, stuff the slit eggplants with this prepared masala
- In the same pan, heat another 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the tempering and allow it to crackle
- Place the stuffed eggplants in the pan along with the remaining masala
- Cover and cook until just done, Toss gently in between
- Lastly sprinkle lemon juice, kasuri methi and mix
- Dish out and garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulkas, pooris, nan, dal-rice, khichdi of your choice