Afghani Tangdi Kabab is a wonderful royal preparation of chicken whole legs marinated in rich ingredients, spices and nut paste. The marinade is slightly different but a lot easier to prepare. It may even be a treat to yourself by yourself. Not necessarily this Kabab is for casual days, but can even be made in Ramadan or the delightful Eid-ul-Fitr. Your family might get even happier to have this in Iftar (The meal at Sunset). Trust me this Kabab will set a Blaze on your dining table.
The aromatic charisma of this Kabab is just Wow..!! My kids go gaga whenever they find Afghani Tangdi Kabab at Dinner. My Husband too gets delighted and appreciates me with every bite he takes. Thankfully, We’re a foodie family and trying out new things, turns out to be positively delicious and healthy. My daughter gets hungry as soon as she gets to know that there’s this Kabab for meal. And the moment she takes a bite of the beautifully marinated Chicken with the glaze of smoky and creamy texture, she’s like “Yummmyyyyyy Mummyyyy……Ummmm, This is so tasty Mumma…”. This makes me a lot happy and a proud Mother. And I’ll strongly suggest you to try this once to make it forever, my lovely people ????…
The Smoke of the charcoal is a Bliss.. trust me..!! That too in the marination process itself… It does wonders..!! The Golden fried onion lets the white meat burst into a splendid flavor… Juicy..!!!
The ingredients are quite familiar and the essence of it will just induce the level of perfection in taste. The lovely marinade lets the chicken to get an exquisite look inside-out. Your neighbors might definitely get worried and would want to sneak-peak in your kitchen the day you’ll be making Afghani Tangdi Kabab. J
Oh Wait…. If you’re thinking that it’s a bit rich and heavy to tummy and creamy and consists of a lot of calories….. Say No More.. you can grill this in an oven as well if cooking on a pan isn’t the option for you. Or you may do a great Barbeque in your Balcony or in a Park or at a Beach maybe. A little drizzle of oil or basting of butter on a pan work good .. And if thinking of it as a Sunday binge or a cheat meal, then I must say you’re good at planning, Hehe..!!
The kabab here goes perfect with naan, tandoori roti and flavored Rice. Let’s speed-up to the ingredients and the method and once you’re done with the Afghani Tangdi Kabab, squeeze a few drops of lemon and chat masala and serve it with onion rings or salad of your choice.
Afghani Tangdi Kabab
- 4 Chicken legs ((whole))
- ⅓ cup golden fried onions (crushed finely)
- ½ cup hung curd
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon green chili (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¾ teaspoon kasuri methi ( slightly roasted and finely crushed)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup oil
- Live piece of charcoal
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Butter for basting
- To begin with, first clean the chicken well and make slits on it.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl(except chicken, charcoal and ghee). Mix them well.
- Now, add chicken legs in the marinade and coat it well.
- Place a small piece of foil or a bowl in the center of the marinated chicken, place a burning charcoal on it and drop a teaspoon of ghee. Immediately, cover and keep it aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Take out the charcoal and allow the chicken to get marinated for 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat grill pan and brush it with little butter, grill the kababs basting it at intervals, if needed.
- Once done, take it off the grill pan, sprinkle some chat masala/lemon juice and serve hot with pilaf, nan and some onion rings on the side.