Crispy Sweet Corn Pakoda is a delicious snack recipe of corn kernels seasoning with spices and flour. These crunchy pakodas are super yummy and so addictive. It’s gluten free! Enjoy these Indian corn fritters with spicy chutney or ketchup along with a cup of hot masala chai.
Bangalore has been on mood of getting chilly and wet all by rains past 3 weeks. Weather is so gloomy dull and breezy. This has made me sipping atleast 4-5 cups of hot ginger tea in a day.
Wintery evenings makes me crave for some hot crisp pakoda with chai all the time. That’s when I start whipping up something quick and easy.
And, as my daughter loves both the things, sweet corn and paneer. This corn pakoda has become her all time favorite too.
Oh man! She is a big chatori just like her mother. Yes, yes that’s how I am, the big chatori :D!
So we both love to eat these paneer corn pakodas with green chutney and some masala chai. Our evenings are always so much a fun. Because, we both are alike!
Sweet Corn Pakoda
We also call it as makai pakodas. Pakodas are nothing but an Indian style spicy fritters.
And we Indian make it very often at home for snacks. Mostly, we make it during winters, monsoons and Ramadan.
It is an extremely easy, crisp and spicy snack to be made in a matter of just few minutes. All we need to do it mix coarse paste of corn, paneer cubes, onion, chilies, gram flour and seasonings.
I have used frozen corn kernels here in this recipe. Let the corn come at room temperature.
Then, pat dry it to remove all the extra water from it. And then, grind it to a coarse paste.
You can adjust the amount spices and chilies the way you like it. Do not forget to serve it chutney or ketchup and some hot masala chai on side.
These sweet corn pakoda makes a perfect snack for breakfast or for evening tea. It also makes great appetiser for any festive occasion or parties.
You might also would love to try:
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Corn Pakoda Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Sweet Corn Pakoda Recipe Card
- 2.5 cups Corn Kernels
- 150 grams Paneer (coarsely crumbled or cut in small cubes)
- 4 tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- 3 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1.5 inch Ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom Seed Ajwain
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Oil For Frying
How to make corn pakoda
- Grind corn to a coarse paste without adding any water. This can also be done in a chopper. 2-3 times pulse to coarse the corn is good to go.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except oil, mix well. The mixture should be like a dough.
- Only if the mixture is too dry, then add 1-2 spoons of water only.
- Heat enough oil in deep bottom pan.
- Once the oil is hot, make a small blob of a mixture and gently slide it in to hot oil.
- Fry on medium high heat until golden brown and crisp.
- Take them out on absorbent kitchen towel. Repeat the same for the remaining mixture.
- Serve them hot and crisp with green coriander-mint chutney or ketchup.