Veggies and Cream Cheese Sandwich, as the name precisely says of the sandwich which kids love to eat. Either grill to savour it warm and crisp or enjoy it as a Cold sandwich. Serve it as appetiser for parties or snacks on high tea or pack it as a light lunch for kid's snack box, this cream cheese sandwich recipe will always be the winner.
On the blog today is a very quick and easy recipe, yes, you must have read the heading above already. Actually, just adding the word cheese itself makes us go mmmm..! The variety of cheese available today is such a blessing, especially for kids.
Being a Mommy, I’ve so far experienced that my little angels just love cheese to the core of the infinity. I always have to stock up my refrigerator with variety of cheese’s… Cheesus save me…!!
This Cream Cheese Sandwich recipe with vegetables can be quickly made anytime you crave for it. Especially, if you’re a high-tea snack lover then definitely this cold cream cheese sandwich will be added to your snack list.
Not just for snack but you also can have the veg Cream Cheese Sandwich for breakfast as well. Worried about tomorrow’s lunch box for your little one, here’s the solution for your recurring problem. Not just for lunch boxes but Birthday party, Kitty parties, casual weekend meetings with your friends and family.
Cold Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
Coming down to the list of ingredients, The main element is Cream cheese. If Cream cheese is easily not available in your region, do not worry at all. Here is how you can make best cream cheese at home, like how I usually do (here's the link).
Then, I have used bell peppers of all three varieties (Green, Red and Yellow).
Carrots, corn, onions, cabbage, green chilies, oregano, butter, Garlic, chilli Flakes, Lettuce are the rest of the ingredients that goes in.
Also, I have used white bread here but choices can be made as per your requirement. You are free to use brown bread, multigrain bread or even whole wheat bread.
You may also add more cheese to your lip smacking sandwich if you wish to. Some Parmesan, Mozzarella, Cheddar Cheese, Goat Cheese, but their flavour and creaminess lend themselves well when grilling.
I usually just prefer my cold sandwich to be with the cream cheese mixture . Rather cheese loaded sandwiches are best preferred grilled and well crisp… yumm…! You can grill this sandwich too 🙂
How long can we store Veggie and Cream Cheese Sandwich?
These Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich can be wrapped in cling film and can be stored in the refrigerator for good 3-4 days. The mixture itself can be made and refrigerated for proper 4-5 days. It’s a perfect quick nosh whenever hungry.
The reason why the filling stays well under refrigeration upto 5 days is because vegetables are cooked before we add it into cheese.
Without making you all wait any further, I should now mention the Ingredients and Method 🙂
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Veg and Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe card
Cream Cheese Sandwich (Cold Sandwich)
- 14 Bread slice (white or brown or multi grain)
- ¼ cup Yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup Red bell pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots grated
- ¼ cup Corn boiled & drained
- ⅓ cup Onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ¾ cup Lettuce leaves as needed
- 1 teaspoon Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Butter + for slather on bread
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 180 grams Cream Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add onions and green chilies and sauté until onions are soft and pink.
- Add carrots, corn, yellow and red peppers, capsicum, and cabbage and sauté on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Add oregano, chili flakes and mix. Take it off the pan and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth.
- Add tossed veggies mixture and mix. Chill the mixture for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut the sides of bread slices and slather with butter.
- Place lettuce leaf on buttered bread and spread 2 tablespoons of mixture (or more if required) evenly and cover it with another buttered bread slice.
- Serve cold or at room temperature 🙂