Corn Fritters is a delectable shallow fried savoury cakes of sweet corns mixed with flour, eggs, basic spices and seasonings. Fritters or pakodas is a snack which one enjoys in every season. Especially if it’s monsoon and a chilling weather, one can non-sophisticatedly hop onto the fritters with a mug full of hot ginger tea or coffee. Delightful, Isn’t it..??
So,today here I thought of making the extremely tasty and crunchy Corn Fritters. Corns themselves complement the monsoon and the joy of having fritters with it in them is just remarkable.
The nibbling of the few leftover Corn Fritters after everyone is done, doubles the flavour of it 😀
Also, whenever I make fritters, my Kids, they sneak peak into the kitchen. And like a sonic they get all their home works and incomplete mess done… like real quick… I’m sure, these Corn Fritters. They really possess some sort of magic.
Having family together at the table, munching, chatting, sipping in the tea/ hot Chocolate/coffee is priceless. Not just this, they also help me deciding what should be the menu for the next day. Trust me the most stressful thing is to make your brain work real hard to decide the menu for the next day meal and supper.
Honestly, you cannot just restrict this corn fritters to monsoon or winters only. These Corn Fritters can easily be a part in an Iftar (The meal at the sunset) or for any occassion as an appetizer
These Corn Fritters aren’t just appetizing but those beautiful, juicy and tasty corn chunks are so delicious and mouth tendering, one can’t miss it over anything. The best thing about these fritters is it goes with any type of sides and sauces, be it Tomato Ketchup, Mayonnaise (even mint/garlic mayo) or Mint Chutney.
Can we use fresh sweet Corn to make corn fritters recipe?
Yes, we can use fresh Sweet corn in this recipe, either blanched or on its own
The ingredients are all enticising and gives out a luscious outcome. Let me quickly list down the Ingredients and the method.
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Corn Fritters Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Corn Fritters Recipe Card
- 1 can Sweet corn drained completely ( I have used DelMonte Corn can)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cream
- 1 Egg medium size, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine drained sweet corn, coriander leaves, green chili, garlic cloves, garam masala powder, lemon juice and cream.
- Add egg and mix Add baking powder and all-purpose flour, mix to form a dough like mixture. You may feel the mixture is sticky but that is absolutely fine.
- Heat oil in a wide mouthed heavy bottom pan. Grease your palms with some oil and take a portion of the mixture to form a patty. Fry the patty on both the sides until golden brown and crisp. Repeat the same for the whole mixture.
- Take out the fried patty onto an absorbent towel.
- Serve the corn fritters with sour cream and tomato ketchup.