The easiest 5 minutes vegan Tomato Corn Avocado Salad Recipe - it's so delicious light and fresh. Makes perfect summer salad to serve as a side dish or on it's own.
A crowd pleasing corn salad tossed with creamy avocado and fresh cherry tomatoes in olive oil, lime juice and herbs, it talks summer in a bowl indeed!
A feel good corn salad - try it!
With few handful of ingredients, make this juicy, so creamy and crunchy corn tomato avocado salad now. It is sure to becomes an instant favorite!
This is one of the easiest 5 minutes summer salad recipes, you just can't go wrong with this freshness and deliciousness. In fact, a good salad like this is to die for.
Sweet corn, tomato and avocados - you toss any fresh vegetables of choice to it and it works wonders. This easy summer corn salad recipe with avocados is super good, wholesome and so tasty.
I absolutely love making it more often, do you want to know why? Because, the first time I made it as side to sandwiches, kids loved this salad so much so that now they ask for it more often.
Every bite of it is loaded with irresistible flavor, crunch and creaminess. You know best part of this recipe? Well, it needs only few basic dressing elements to elevate the taste of this salad.
All in all, with only few things you can toss a great corn avocado salad for your summer parties, BBQ cookouts or even for potlucks. Here's some more easy peasy summer salad recipes great for weekend get togethers and parties - Cucumber Tomato Salad, Dill Potato Salad, and Tomato Mozzarella Salad.
The list is not so long to daunt you. In fact, you can simply count them on finger just like that! Isn't is so easy peasy? 🙂
This salad is loaded with best summer ingredients. And you really need not any thing extra here. So, let's see what all do we need for this sweet corn and avocado salad recipe.
- Corn : We love grilled corn kernels here for this salad. You can use canned, fresh or frozen corn for this recipe. Or, you can also go with boiled corn on the cob to make this salad. Anything of choice would work great here.
- Ripe Avocado : The diced avocado gives nice creamy texture and taste to the salad. Plus, full of nutrition! I love big chunks of avocado, you can chop them fine or slice them, it's all up to your liking!
- Tomato : I have used cherry tomatoes for they are nice flavorful and juicy. You can use Roma or grape tomatoes if you like.
- Onion : Throw in some diced red onion to add crunch and tonnes of flavor.
- Herbs : Finely chopped cilantro and a bit of parsley is what I love to add in here. Both of these herbs are great companion to corn, avocados, onion as well as tomato.
- Other ingredients: Finally, we need minced Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lime juice (or lemon juice), Chili Flakes, Salt and Pepper.
How to make Corn Avocado Salad
To begin with, add corn, halved cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks in a large bowl.
Add chopped onions, avocado chunks, finely chopped cilantro, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
Add chili flakes, salt and pepper, squeeze lime juice, and drizzle extra virgin olive oil. Toss well. Let it rest for 5 minutes. It's ready to serve!
FAQs + Serving
First, pour enough water in large pot and bring it to boil.
Then add corn cob and boil it for 4-5 minutes. Drain the water and run cold water over the corn, this stops the cooking process further.
Cool and then cut corn off the cob and use.
Serve this corn and avocado salad on it's own as a light meal or for snacking.
It makes a perfect side to grilled meats like shrimp, fish, or chicken. Or pair it with some Mexican rice, Pastas or Risotto.
You can also top your burrito bowl or stuff your tacos with this salad.
Serve it with some toasted sourdough bread or garlic on side.
This avocado corn salad hardly takes 5 minutes of your time to come together. You can do the preparation before hand and refrigerate it. Add avocados chunks and toss the salad just before serving.
- You can choose to add smoky grilled corn on the cobs here.
- Try adding in some grilled or tossed garlic shrimp to chicken for great protein meal option. You can serve this variation as main dish.
- Further, add in fresh basil, chives, mint or dill for more flavor variation. Or, toss it with some arugula or wild rocket for more sharp peppery hint.
- Use some cucumbers, chickpeas, black beans, beetroot, carrots and much more as you like.
More tasty and healthy salads
If you made this delicious healthy tomato corn avocado salad, please be sure to let me know how it turned out by rating and reviewing the recipe below.
You can also tag me on social media so I can see your amazing creations! If you'd like more recipes of mine delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my email newsletter. You can also follow my kitchen adventures on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook if you prefer.
Tomato Corn Avocado Salad Recipe
- 3 Ears of Grilled Corn (cutt off the cob)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Avocados (diced)
- ½ cup Onion (sliced )
- ¼ cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large bowl combine grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado chunks followed by rest of the ingredients.
- Toss everything well, let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve.