Baked Crunchy Garlic Croutons recipe – Super easy, crisp, easily customisable, stunningly Tasty recipe that is ready in flat 15 minutes. With fewer personal favourite ingredients, these croutons makes your soups and salads, an irresistible light supper perfect in winters! Way Better Than the Store bought!
Soup is in itself a great way of soul refreshing dish. Be it tomato, garlic – coriander, corn or clear bowl of hot soup.
When talking about add ups in the soup, it is mostly croutons, vinegar and chili. The sip full of amazing flavors and crisp quick bite is just what we need in winter evenings.
A liquid is not just limited to the body only when sick. But also some times it is recommended to prefer light suppers over heavy masalas. And it is a cherry on cake with a plate full of crunchy garlic bread croutons is the best.
My kids, they love croutons to the core of the crumbs. They even ask me to make them the garlic ones. They say it tastes very special and different from the ones they have been eating at outlets.
What are Croutons?
Croutons are pieces of bread, cut into squares and are widely used as seasoning for soups. These amazing bread square crisps can be eaten as a snack as well. On a wider side, it is taken mostly with soups and bowl of cream.
These crispy bread gestures are often mistaken for sides with soups only, but you can go for it with your favourite salad also. Caesar salad is the best example and dish to have croutons in it with chicken, lettuce and dressing.
I have made these tasty seasoned cubes of breads at home. The aroma around my house was so so so good that I cannot write it in words.
I that time felt as if I am passing through some bakers. I always was a deadly lover of the baking aroma that used to wander around my complex.
- It is ALWAYS best to use a bread that is a day or two old. However, you can use fresh bread also, But older tastes best for croutons recipe
- Add flavourings and herbs as per your liking
- You can surely choose to skip butter and proceed with olive oil only, to make vegan version
- Furthermore, you can use multigrain or whole grain bread or even gluten free bread as well
Now talking about the major ingredient that I used. It is regular sandwich breads which are very easily available in grocers and bakers around.
It is easy go handy type of recipe. Where you have to put the least of your efforts and you will get the best of the outcomes. That is my guarantee that these beautiful golden brown crispy delight will never be a disappointment.
How To Make Croutons – Step by Step
Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees on toast mode. Heat butter in small pan and add crushed garlic
💓 We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories !
Have you tried this “Croutons Recipe“? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
Homemade Garlic Croutons Recipe
- 8 Bread Slices
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Croutons
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees on toast mode. Heat butter in small pan
- Add crushed garlic and reduce the heat to cook low for a minute or two. Switch off the heat and allow it to rest for couple of minutes
- Then, add the cubed bread into bowl
- Add prepared garlic butter, olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to taste
- Gently combine everything well taking care not to break the bread cubes
- Now place the bread pieces onto a baking tray in single layer
- Toast them in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until just golden and crisp
- Enjoy as snack on its own or serve with soup or make salad of your choice