How exciting it would be when you can make pizzas easily at home without rushing to the market in search of best pizza sauce. Yes, best pizza sauce which is the key to get the authentic taste in pizzas at home. Here is the recipe of best ever Italian pizza sauce I am sharing with you all today. Slather them on bread, pizza bases or even buns with blobs of mozzarella and favourite toppings, grill it in oven or roast it on pan and Voila! You have your snacks or breakfast or weekend brunch or kids lunch box ready in minutes.
To make this pizza sauce I have used mix of fresh san marzano and roma tomatoes. If they are not available, you can opt for regular ripened tomatoes. I prefer pizza sauce to be chunky, but you can blend it with a hand blender to get the smooth consistency. Cool the sauce well before storing it.
With few tips and tricks you can make the best ever pizza sauce at home easily. Let’s see how to make fail proof best ever homemade pizza sauce….
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1½ kgs Ripened Tomatoes ( I have used mix of fresh San marzano and Roma tomatoes)
- Generous handful of Fresh Basil roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Oregano Leaves ( you may use 2teaspoon dried one)
- 8-9 Garlic Cloves roughly crushed
- 2 Onions medium sized, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar/ White vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, wash and wipe tomatoes well
- Trim from the top, make a slit on each tomatoes and put them in large heavy bottom pan
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, mix. Cover and simmer for an hour. Stir few times in between
- After an hour, cool it slightly and carefully take off the peels from the tomatoes. Mash it lightly
- In another heavy bottom pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for few seconds until it releases aroma.
- Add chopped onions and fry until soft and pink
- Add cooked tomatoes and mix well. Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add chili flakes, salt and pepper, oregano and mix well
- Add roughly torn basil and mix
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, vinegar and mix.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- If you prefer your sauce to be smooth, blend in blender.
- Cool it completely.
- Store it in a clean sterilised jar and refrigerate easily upto 2 weeks.