Easy Egg Curry Recipe or Anda Curry recipe (Tariwali Egg curry) is a delicious Indian egg curry recipe of hard boiled egg cooked in onion tomato masala gravy. This easy egg curry goes very well with any Indian flatbreads like tawa roti, tandoori roti or lachcha paratha. It is a perfect egg curry recipe for rice making a delicious combo for quick weeknight dinner or even weekend menu idea.
Up on the blog today, is a lip smacking masala anda curry recipe from my kitchen. This lovely Indian egg gravy recipe is easy to cook which is so much blissful in taste.
Eggs are universal thing which can be eaten anytime and can be used in any recipe be it snacks recipes or main course dishes. Egg sandwiches, egg burgers, egg rolls, masala egg, anda pulao,egg biryani et al are few of them, but very popular egg recipes. The most loved dish at my place is this egg curry, anda biryani and punjabi egg masala curry .
Coming back to this delicious boiled egg curry recipe, it is like whenever you are out of idea of what to cook next or do not want to cook anything lavish, this quick masala egg curry with hard boiled eggs and spices will chase your taste bud. And, you will be adding it to your weekly menu idea list.
We, at home, also call this curry as anda curry or tariwali egg curry. It is basically a curry recipe which do not have thick masala gravy like punjabi egg masala curry or shahi egg korma. Instead, it is a thin masala gravy with delicious Indian spices. Definitely, this is the best North Indian egg curry recipe you will to enjoy with not only roti or paratha but even steamed rice, pulao and khichdi.
There are certain questions which comes to our minds while making egg curry. For example, can we use ghee instead of oil or how to prepare delicious egg curry recipe? Definitely, we can make this masala egg either in ghee or in oil or in a mix of both.
Trust me, making anda curry recipe purely in ghee will take this simple egg curry to a notch higher. Furthermore, apart from ghee, other ingredient that makes this anda masala gravy irresistible in taste is kasuri methi.
The aroma is so exciting that while it is on the stove, you will feel like serving it immediately. Serve it with tawa roti or lachcha paratha or steamed rice along with salad on the side. On the whole, you will love this curry so much so that it will make to your weekly menu ideas, a perfect Indian meal plan for egg lovers.
Ingredients used to make Tariwali Egg Curry Recipe (Anda Curry recipe):
So, to make this masala egg curry recipe, we need very basic ingredients available in our indian kitchens. We need to use hard boiled eggs. Next, I have taken onions, tomatoes, green chilies, garlic paste, ginger paste, fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper corns (kali mirch) to make gravy paste.
Finally, the other dry spices required to make egg curry are turmeric, coriander powder, coriander leaves, Kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder, yoghurt, bay leaf, salt, kasuri methi, oil and ghee
The spiciness of this curry can be adjusted accordingly. You may prefer it to be spicy, so all you need to do is just add few more green chillies to it or vice versa if less spiciness is the preference.
I am sure, none of the ingredients above are hard to find. In fact, these all must be very handy in regular use. Also, the use of Kashmiri red chili powder gives a beautiful layer of red color to all the dishes and you would not be needing any food color to make your food colorful.
If you are looking for some more delicious egg recipes, then here are they:
Easy Egg Curry Recipe below:Print
Easy Egg Curry Recipe or Anda Curry recipe is a delicious Indian egg masala curry recipe of hard boiled egg cooked in onion tomato masala gravy. This easy egg curry goes very well with any Indian flatbreads like tawa roti, tandoori roti or lachcha paratha. It is a perfect egg curry recipe for rice making a delicious combo for quick weeknight dinner or even weekend menu idea.
To prepare tariwali egg curry:
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ¾ teaspoon, turmeric (haldi powder)
- 1½ teaspoon, coriander powder (dhan
- 1½ teaspoon, Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon, yoghurt, whisked well
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoon, kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons, oil
- 2 tablespoons, ghee
- Coriander leaves to garnish
To make egg gravy:
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2-3 green chilies
- ½ tablespoon, garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon, ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon, fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds
- 8-10, black pepper corns
To make bhuna onion tomato gravy:
- First of all, grind together tomato, onions, green chilies, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corns. Grind it to a fine paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil and ghee together.
- Then, add bay leaf and fry for few seconds.
- Now, add ground paste and saute for high for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix.
- Cook for few minutes until masala leaves oil and looks bhuna well.
- Then, add all the masala powder and mix except for garam masala.
To make anda curry:
- Once the bhuna masala base is ready for tariwali egg curry, add whisked yoghurt and mix well.
- Now add water as per the consistency you require.
- I preferred thin gravy, so added the water accordingly. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, slit the boiled eggs and drop them gently in the gravy.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on low heat.
- Lastly, add kasuri methi, garam masala powder and mix.
- Delicious North Indian anda curry is ready to serve
- Dish out and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulkas and steamed rice.