Easy Egg Curry Recipe or Anda Curry recipe (Tariwali Egg curry) is a delicious north Indian egg curry of hard boiled egg cooked in onion tomato masala gravy. This easy egg curry recipe goes very well with any Indian flatbreads like tawa roti, tandoori roti or lachcha paratha. It is a perfect egg curry for rice or chapathi making a delicious combo for quick weeknight dinner or even weekend menu idea. So, up on the blog today, is a lip smacking anda curry recipe from my kitchen. This lovely Indian egg gravy recipe is easy to cook which is so much blissful in taste.
Easy Egg Curry Recipe
Eggs are universal thing which can be eaten anytime and can be used in any recipe be it snacks recipes or main course dishes. Egg sandwiches, egg burgers, egg rolls, masala egg, anda pulao,egg biryani et al are few of them, but very popular egg recipes. The most loved dish at my place is this north Indian egg curry masala, anda biryani and Anda curry recipe. Furthermore, there are some really amazingly delicious egg curry varieties which I shall be soon sharing on the blog one by one.
Coming back to this delicious boiled egg curry recipe, it is like whenever you are out of idea of what to cook next or do not want to cook anything lavish, this quick and easy egg curry with hard boiled eggs and spices will chase your taste bud. And, you will be adding it to your weekly menu idea list. We, at home, also call this curry as anda curry or tariwali egg curry. It is basically a kari recipe which do not have thick masala gravy like punjabi egg masala or shahi egg korma. Instead, it is a thin masala gravy with delicious Indian spices. Definitely, this is the best egg recipe you will to enjoy with not only roti or paratha but even steamed rice, pulao and khichdi.
Best Anda Curry Recipe
There are certain questions which comes to our minds while making masala egg gravy. For example, can we use ghee instead of oil or how to prepare delicious egg curry recipe? Definitely, we can make this masala egg gravy either in ghee or in oil or in a mix of both. Trust me, making anda curry recipe purely in ghee will take this simple egg curry to a notch higher. Furthermore, apart from ghee, other ingredient that makes this masala anda curry gravy irresistible in taste is kasuri methi.
The aroma is so exciting that while the egg gravy is on the stove, you will feel like serving it immediately. Serve it with tawa roti or lachcha paratha or steamed rice along with salad on the side. On the whole, you will love this kari so much so that it will make to your weekly menu ideas, a perfect Indian meal plan for egg lovers. Frequently, I use coconut oil also to make South Indian egg recipes especially the Kerala Egg gravy with coconut milk. My family enjoys south indian egg curry with dosa or steaming hot rice
Ingredients used to make Tariwali Egg Curry Recipe (Anda Curry recipe):
So, to make this masala egg gravy, we need very basic ingredients available in our indian kitchens. We need to use hard boiled eggs. Next, I have taken onions, tomatoes, green chilies, garlic paste, ginger paste, fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper corns (kali mirch) to make gravy paste. Finally, the other dry spices required to make the egg recipe are turmeric, coriander powder, coriander leaves, Kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder, yoghurt, bay leaf, salt, kasuri methi, oil and ghee
The spiciness of this egg gravy can be adjusted accordingly. You may prefer it to be spicy, so all you need to do is just add few more green chillies to it or vice versa if less spiciness is the preference. Just increase the amountof green chillies to make spicy egg curry. I am sure, none of the ingredients above are hard to find. In fact, these all must be very handy in regular use. Also, the use of Kashmiri red chili powder gives a beautiful layer of red color to all the dishes and you would not be needing any food color to make your food colorful.
If you are looking for some more delicious Indian egg recipes for dinner, then here are they:
Easy Egg Curry Recipe below:Print
Easy Egg Curry Recipe (anda curry) is a delicious Indian egg curry recipe of hard boiled egg cooked in onion tomato masala gravy. We call this
This simple egg curry goes very well with any Indian flatbreads like tawa roti, tandoori roti or lachcha paratha. It is a perfect tomato egg curry recipe for rice or chapathi making it a delicious combo for quick weeknight dinner or even weekend menu idea.
Here is how to make best egg curry at home.
to prepare egg curry we need:
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ¾ teaspoon, turmeric (haldi powder)
- 1½ teaspoon, coriander powder (dhan
- 1½ teaspoon, Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon, yoghurt, whisked well
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoon, kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons, oil
- 2 tablespoons, ghee
- Coriander leaves to garnish
To make egg gravy:
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2-3 green chilies
- ½ tablespoon, garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon, ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon, fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds
- 8-10, black pepper corns
To make bhuna onion tomato gravy:
- First of all, grind together tomato, onions, green chilies, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corns. Grind it to a fine paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil and ghee together.
- Then, add bay leaf and fry for few seconds.
- Now, add ground paste and saute for high for 3-4 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix.
- Cook for few minutes until masala leaves oil and looks bhuna well.
- Then, add all the masala powder and mix except for garam masala.
how to make egg curry:
- Once the bhuna masala base is ready for tariwali egg curry, add whisked yoghurt and mix well.
- Now add water as per the consistency you require.
- I preferred thin gravy, so added the water accordingly. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, slit the boiled eggs and drop them gently in the gravy.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on low heat.
- Lastly, add kasuri methi, garam masala powder and mix.
- Delicious North Indian anda curry is ready to serve
- Dish out and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with phulkas and steamed rice.
Keywords: Egg curry, Egg Curry Recipe, Egg Recipes
How to make egg curry recipe step by step ( 30 minutes egg curry recipe):
To make bhuna onion tomato masala for egg gravy:
- Firstly, boil the eggs, peel it and keep it aside.
2. Secondly, add tomato, onions, green chilies, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and pepper corns in a blender.
3. Then, grind everything together to a fine paste.
4. Once the masala paste is ready, then in a heavy bottom pan, heat oil and ghee together.
5. Then, add bay leaf and fry for few seconds. Now, add ground paste and saute for high for 3-4 minutes.
6. After the gets sauteed for some time, then add ginger-garlic paste and mix.
7. Cook for few minutes until masala leaves oil and looks bhuna well.
8. Then, add all the masala powder and mix except for garam masala.
how to prepare egg curry:
9. Once the bhuna masala base is ready for tariwali egg curry, add whisked yoghurt and mix well.
10. Now add water as per the consistency you require. I preferred thin gravy, so added the water accordingly. Bring it to a boil.
11. Now, slit the boiled eggs and drop them gently in the gravy. Then, cook the curry for 5-8 minutes on low heat.
12. Lastly, add kasuri methi, garam masala powder and mix.
13. Now add coriander leaves and mix.
14. Delicious North Indian anda curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with phulkas and steamed rice.