Winter Fruit Salad
When the weather outside is frightful, make this refreshing, healthy and easy fruit salad with these delightful fruits that fall and winter offer to lighten your mood. Delicious salad loaded with bright citrus flavor, like a bowl full of sunshine!
- 2 Apples cubed or sliced
- 2 Pears cubed or sliced
- 1 cup Pomegranate Arils
- 4 Kiwis cubed or sliced
- 2 Oranges or Clementines peeled and cubed or sliced
- Few Mint Leaves
Maple Lime Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, lime juice and zest and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, place all the fruits - apple, pear, pomegranate, kiwi and oranges.
Pour the prepared dressing over the fruits and gently give it a toss.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately. You can also cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate if not serving right away.
Serving and Storing:
This salad is best served immediately, as oxidation can cause some unsightly discoloration on the pears and apples. To keep your salad looking as fresh as possible for as long as possible, use any of these methods to prevent browning and store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Nuts - pecans, walnuts, pistachios or cashews
- Seeds - flax, hemp, chia, pepitas or sesame seeds
- Cheese - goat cheese or feta
- Creaminess - cream, coconut cream, yogurt, avocado or nut butters could also be added to the dressing.
- Herbs - fresh mint, basil or Thai basil
- Vegetable - shaved fennel root
- Spice - cayenne, sriracha or gochujang can all be added to the dressing for a touch of heat
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg