Atta Golgappa | Puchka
Golgappa puri or Puchka or puri for pani puri - A fool proof, tried and tested recipe of perfectly puffed, light, super crisp puris that has been hugely hit each time I have made it at home.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Resting Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
For atta golgappa puris (puchka puri):
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 cup Semolina (Sooji/Rava)
- Water for kneading i have used approx 200 ml of water for this recipe
- Oil for deep frying
How to make golgappa puri:
In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour and semolina. Add little water at a time and knead it to form a dough. Dough should neither be too hard/thick nor too soft/thin or sticky. It should have medium.
Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth or tea towel, keep it aside for 30 mins.
After 30 mins, divide the dough into 6 equal sized uniform balls.
Place the ball(one at a time) on a lightly floured surface. Roll out each ball into very thin circles uniformly. The thickness of each circle should not be more than 1.5 mm
With a help of a sharp steel glass or bowl having a diameter of 4 to 5cms cut out discs from the rolled circles.
Heat enough oil in a heavy bottom and deep kadhai till hot.
Once the oil is very hot, reduce the flame to medium and maintain it throughout. At this stage oil should be very hot.
Slowly and gently slide the discs into the oil and with the help of the back of a ladle slightly press it. This will make the puris to puff up.
Flip and fry till golden brown and crisp. (Do not fry too much or it will turn too dark)
Take the puris out and place them on absorbent paper.
Repeat the same for all the balls.
How to store puri for pani puri or atta golgappa puri?
- At any point, please keep the dough or dough balls, covered with damp cloth. air exposure will make the dough ball dry making it difficult to roll out the smooth thin disc .
- Roll out the disc as thin and smooth as possible, this is the key to make perfect golgappa puri at home.
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Potassium: 5mg | Calcium: 0.1% | Iron: 0.5%