Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Parmesan
My Parmesan Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts are an utter delight. With crispy bits of toasted panko, a bit of heat from chili peppers and a dose of nutty, creamy cheese, this is the cool weather side dish you need right now.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed and halved
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Panko Crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pre-heat the oven at 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredienst and toss well.
Spread the tossed brussel sprouts on line sheet pan with cut side facing down. (Crumb will stick to the cut side making the sprouts and chopped garlic more crisp and delicious after roasting)
Roast for 20 minutes undisturbed, flip and roast again for another 8-10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Dish out, sprinkle those extra parmesan-garlic crumbs from the sheet pan and serve!
- You can adjust the spiciness of this dish by increasing or decreasing the amount of crushed red pepper flakes you add.
- Feel free to use frozen brussels sprouts - just note that your roasting time may increase by a few minutes.
- In a pinch, you can substitute ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder for every clove of fresh.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 994IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg