Butter Garlic Sautéed Broccolini Recipe
This recipe for Sautéed Broccolini with Garlic Butter is about to become your go-to vegetarian side dish. Tender, sweet broccolini is tossed with crispy garlic chips, a bright squeeze of fresh lemon juice and creamy pine nuts for a side dish that just might steal the spotlight.
- 1.5 pound Broccolini trimmed ends and washed
- 1 ½ tablespoon Butter
- 4-5 Garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Water
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Pine nuts
Melt butter on medium heat in a heavy bottom pan or skillet.
Add sliced garlic and cook on medium heat until golden brown and crisp. Transfer brown garlic in a plate. You can leave few slices back in pan.
Then, add olive oil in a same pan and heat for few seconds. Add broccolini and toss using tongs for 2 minutes.
Now, reduce the heat to medium low and add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover the pan with lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccolini is bright green and just cooked yet crunchy.
Season with salt and pepper, add lemon juice and toss. Sprinkle fried garlic and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle some more freshly squeezed lemon (if needed), serve.
- Pick fresh, bright and happy looking broccolini. It should not be dried or blemished.
- If the stem is too thick, simply halve the stalks and cook along with tender ones. You can also cut the vegetable in bite sized pieces and cook.
- Cook to your liking - I love cooking mine to a bright green, crunchy al dente softness. If you prefer softer veggies, just cook for couple extra minutes.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 954IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg