Before summer ends, do yourself a favor and make my easy roasted Corn Salsa. It's sweet, spicy and utterly delicious! Perfect for scooping up with tortilla chips or spooning over your favorite grilled fish, this bright and bold salsa-meets-salad is the healthy warm weather snack you've been looking for.
- 4 Ears of Fresh Corn shucked and grilled, boiled or steamed
- 1 cup Tomato diced
- 1 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Jalapeño seeds removed and finely chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Check for seasoning, adjust salt, pepper and lime juice if needed.
Let the salsa rest for 20 minutes at room temperature or refrigerator.
Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over you favorite meal or serve as a side to chicken, fish or shrimp.
Start by cooking your corn. You have several options here:
- Stove-top grilling method - Place corn directly on top of flame and roast, turning every few minutes, until the color is evenly distributed.
- Oven - Cover with foil and roast in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- BBQ grill - Place on the grates and cook for about 15 minutes, rotating to grill evenly.
- Microwave - Leave the husks on and microwave for 4-5 minutes for a fuss free way to steam your corn.
- Instant Pot - Pour 1 cup water and place your corn cob on the trivet. Pressure cook on 'High' for 3 minutes, followed by 'quick pressure release'.
- Sauté - Remove the kernels from the cobs, then sauté in a bit of butter or oil in a heavy bottomed pan. If you are using this method, bust out your bundt pan - it's great for holding the corn in place and catching all the kernels!
Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg