Summer Corn Salad Recipe
This deliciously fresh Summer Corn Salad is crunchy, sweet and savory with a light flavor of char running throughout. It is the perfect side to bring with you to any potluck or barbecue; it pairs well with steak, fish or chicken, but is completely vegan and gluten free!
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- ¾ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 4 Ears of Corn shucked and grilled or boiled
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved / quartered or chopped
- 1 cup Radish diced
- 1 cup Cucumber diced
- ⅓ cup Red Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeño deseeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup Cilantro chopped
In a small jar (or a small bowl) combine all the ingredients mentioned for dressing.
You can grill or boil it and even use fresh raw corn for this salad. Remove the kernels from the cob and add it into a large bowl,
Now, add tomatoes, radish, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro along with prepared dressing.
Toss well and serve!
- Best when served 2-3 hours after assembly. Store any leftovers in clean container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Do not freeze.
- Options for roasting corn:
- Stove-top grilling method - Place corn directly on top of flame and roast, turning every few minutes, until the color is evenly distributed.
- Oven - Cover with foil and roast in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- BBQ grill - Place on the grates and cook for about 15 minutes, rotating to grill evenly.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg