Tomato Salad Recipe
This delicious Tomato Salad is filled with sweet heirloom tomatoes, piquant red onions, fresh basil and tangy feta cheese for the best summer side around.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon Dried Herbs Mix I have added a pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 lb Ripe Tomatoes cut into wedges, I have used heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Red Onion sliced
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil roughly torn or whole small leaves
- 4 oz Feta Cheese crumbled
In a small glass jar, combine olive oil, garlic, dried herbs mix, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper. Close the lid and shake well. You can also whisk everything together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sliced onions and pour the dressing.
Gently toss to combine well and let the salad sit for 15-20 minutes.
Give a gentle toss again, top with fresh basil and crumbled feta cheese, serve immediately.
Choose good quality tomatoes that are fresh, ripe and, most importantly, IN SEASON.
- Choose local tomatoes over commercially grown ones that have been shipped in. Local tomatoes can be picked when they are super ripe, whereas commercially grown and shipped tomatoes have to be picked prior to peak ripeness so that they don't over-ripen in transit.
- Let the salad sit for 20 minutes in the refrigerator before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg