Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This simple, healthy strawberry smoothie requires only 4 ingredients and takes few minutes of prep. Make this creamy, refreshing drink for breakfast or a post-workout snack!
- 1 ½ cup Low-Fat Milk
- 2 cups Mix of fresh and frozen Strawberries
- 1 medium Frozen Banana
- 1 tablespoon Honey
Add milk, strawberries, banana and honey in the blender jar and blend until smooth.
If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, you can add a bit more of milk and blend again.
Pour in serving glasses and serve immediately.
Vegan : Just swap in your favorite dairy free milk like oat milk, almond milk or coconut milk and vegan sweetener.
Optional Smoothie Add-Ins
While this healthy smoothie recipe as written only calls for 4 ingredients, don't feel limited! Here are some optional add-ins to bulk up your breakfast shake:
- Nuts and nut butter - who said your PB&J had to be a sandwich? Further, feel fee to add some walnuts, almonds or almond butter, if you like it.
- Seeds - flax, chia and hemp hearts are all exceptionally healthy!
- Oats - up the fiber with a ¼ cup or more of oats. Just be sure to opt for quick cooking or instant oats for the best consistency.
- Greens - need to sneak some veggies into your kiddo's diet? Add a handful of spinach or kale, or a scoop of spirulina to get them to eat their greens without even knowing it!
- Fruits and berries - there's no law saying strawberry and banana are the only fruits you can put in your smoothie. Feel free to add avocado, other berries, apples, pears, citrus or acai!
- Protein - throw in a scoop or two of protein powder or silken tofu to increase your protein content.
- Milk/Dairy - feel free to swap in any milk you choose, dairy or not. You can also add in yogurt or kefir for some extra probiotic goodness.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 268IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1mg