Aloo Chaat Recipe | How to Make Aloo Chaat
Aloo Chaat recipe (potato chaat) is an absolutely delicious chaat recipe of boiled Aloo(potato) cubes which are fried. Crisp fried potatoes are then tossed with spicy and sweet chutneys, chaat masala and spice powders. It is one of the most popular Indian chaat. Here is how to make best aloo chaat at home.
- 4 Potatoes medium size, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- Green Chutney
- Meethi Chutney
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander seeds roasted and coarsely crushed
- Chili flakes or red chili powder as required
- Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Lemon juice as needed
- Pomegranate as needed
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- Black salt to taste
- Fine Sev as needed
To begin with, In a pan, heat oil
Once the oil is hot, add potatoes
Then, shallow fry them until they are golden and crisp. You can also deep fry them if needed.
In a bowl, add fried potatoes, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, green chilies and lemon juice. Toss them well.
Dish out the tossed potatoes in serving bowls or plate.
Top it with green chutney and meethi chutney.
Finally, sprinkle onions and chaat masala and top the spicy aloo chaat with sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves. Serve immediately
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 6.9mg