Strawberry Mango Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry Mango Smoothie is a deliciously sweet smoothie that just tastes like the tropical dessert in a glass. It's a nutrient rich drink that keeps you full and energized. A perfect healthy breakfast for busy mornings, mid-day snack or afternoon pick me up.
Servings: 2 Large Smoothies
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk or plant based almond milk, or oat milk
- ½ cup Low Fat Yogurt
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 1 cup Mango fresh or frozen chunks
Place milk, yogurt, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, sliced carrot and mango chunks in a blender jar.
Blend until smooth. You can add a splash of milk or water if you like a thinner smoothie, if needed.
Pour in serving glasses and serve immediately!
Storing and Freezing:
Add-ins and Variations:
- Store the leftover smoothie in an airtight container or a mason jar in the fridge for up to 24 hours only. Try and finish it within that 24 hours, or it will start turning brown and spoil.
- You can freeze any leftovers in an airtight freezer safe box or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Thaw it overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Pour smoothie into ice cube trays or freeze them in popsicle molds for a healthy after dinner sweet treat.
- Fruits and Berries : Peach, kiwi, pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, oranges, acai berries, or avocado.
- Greens: Feel free to throw in a handful of fresh baby spinach, kale or chard.
- Sweeteners: You can add natural sweeteners like maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or honey, if you like it to be sweeter.
- Vegan or dairy-free: Swap dairy milk with plant-based options like almond milk or oat milk. Feel free to use fruit juices like orange or pineapple juice or add coconut water instead. For a lovely intense tropical flavor, try adding coconut yogurt or cream in place of dairy yogurt.
- Spike up the Protein: Feel free to add any of these: chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflowers seeds, almonds, pistachios, walnuts or nut butters like peanut or almond butter.Other options includes vanilla flavored protein powder, wheat grass, wheat germ or any superfood you like.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 889mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 6297IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 294mg | Iron: 1mg