Tahini Sauce Recipe
This Tahini Sauce with fresh lemon and garlic is bright, creamy, tangy, and perfect for your favorite vegan recipes! Pair this tasty sauce with falafel, shawarma, salads, and more for the best flavors.
- ½ cup Tahini Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic minced/pressed or ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Fresh Lemon Juice or feel free to use Lime Juice
- ¼-⅓ cup Cold Water
In bowl, combine tahini paste, garlic, sea salt and lemon juice. Whisk thoroughly, it will firm up first.
Add little water and whisk well again. Keep adding little water and whisk well until you reach smooth creamy, smooth and pourable consistency. Do the taste test and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Alternatively, combine tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Then, slowly add water and blend again until desired consistency.
Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and serve! You can add handful of chopped fresh pasrley to tahini before serving.
- Adjust the water and add more to the sauce for a thinner consistency that would be tasty with sandwiches, grilled meats, salads, and wraps. Light and tasty!
- For a thicker and creamier sauce, use less water. The thicker sauce can be used as a dip for fries, pita bread, chips, vegetables, and more.
- For a quicker method, mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Cumin: Adding ground cumin to the sauce will give it a warm, smoky, and zesty flavor that is typically found in recipes that are rich and full of aromatics.
- Paprika: Ground paprika is a great way to add a little bit of warmth, color, and spice to the sauce. Great for using as a dipping sauce!
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro is a great way to add extra bold and bright flavors to the sauce! If you love cilantro, then you will love this variation! You can even add avocado and lime!
- Dill: Aromatic fresh dill is another herb that is perfect served with this homemade sauce. Bright, flavorful, and full of fresh ingredients!
- Mint: Leafy fresh mint is a great way to add a spin to fresh sauce. Switch things up with different types of mint leaves, too!
- Turmeric: Bright ground turmeric will add a distinct richness to the sauce giving it the twist it needs.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg