Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Green Beans
Enjoy these tender and flavorful Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with green beans that are made in the oven - so delicious! Prepared with garlic, and fresh herbs, this side dish is a super tasty recipe for lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound Potatoes cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 4 large Carrots peeled and cut diagonally into chunks
- 6-7 cloves Garlic with peel, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- Salt n Freshly Cracked Pepper
- A few springs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 cup Green Beans ends trimmed and halved
- Fresh Parsley as needed chopped
Pre-heat the oven at 400°F with rack in the middle positon.
Add potatoes, carrots, smashed garlic, 1½ tablespoon good quality olive oil, salt, pepper, and roughly torn fresh thyme, toss well.
Transfer the tossed vegetables to the parchment lined baking sheet pan and spread out in an even layer. Roast for for 30-35 minutes tossing halfway through.
While the potatoes and carrots are roasting, toss green beans with salt, pepper and the remaining ½ tablespoon oil, set it aside.
Add the grean beans to the baking sheet with veggies and toss once again. Pop it back into the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Sprinkle fresh parsley and serve warm!
- Be sure to cut all of the vegetables into similar sizes so they will evenly cook and turn out with the same soft textures.
- Do not overcrowd the vegetables on the baking sheet or else the veggies will not roast as well.
- Season the herb-roasted vegetables well so they have plenty of perfect flavors.
Store the leftovers for up to five days in the refrigerator. This recipe is a great idea for meal prep for those weeks when you need dinner or lunch ready quickly!
Freeze the vegetables in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for one month.
- Roast a variety of vegetables like onions, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, parsnips, asparagus, broccoli, squash, and more.
- Top the vegetables with freshly grated Parmesan, pecorino, cheddar, or other favorite types of rich cheeses.
- Use an array of fresh herbs such as sage, rosemary, oregano, etc.
- Add some protein to the mix by combining this roasted vegetable sheet pan meal with roasted chicken, chicken nuggets, lamb, fish, or tofu.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12218IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg