Peach Crisp Recipe
This delightful Peach Crisp combines juicy summer stone fruit with a crumbly, buttery oat and pecan topping for a dessert that is truly out of this world. As an added bonus, this sweet treat comes together in under an hour!
- 3 pounds Fresh Ripe Peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ cup Rolled Oats
- ⅔ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg grated
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Pecan Nuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter cold and diced into ½ inch cubes
Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and grease 9*9 baking dish.
In a large bowl, add sliced peaches, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and salt, toss everything to coat evenly.
Pour the peach mixture into greased baking dish and set it aside.
In a mixing bowl, add rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg, salt, chopped pecan nuts and cold diced butter. Now using your fingers work on the mixture until crumbly.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over peach filling in baking dish.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown, set and fruit is bubbling.
Remove from the oven and allow the dessert to cool for 8-10 minutes. Dish out and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or sweetened cream.
This peach fruit crisp recipe is a true delight as is, but there are plenty of ways to customize it to your needs. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Opt for a different fruit. Apples, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, apricots and plums are all excellent substitutes for peaches.
- Choose a different nut. Almond and peach happen to go quite well together; if you go this route, try substituting half of the vanilla extract for almond. YUM!
- No rolled oats? Try using quick cooking oats instead.
- Gluten free? Make sure your oats are certified gluten free and opt for an all purpose flour blend that you like. You can also check out my blueberry crisp recipe for a gluten free topping.
- Vegan? Try using plant based butter or solid coconut oil in place of the butter.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 913IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg