Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe
This bright, fresh and flavorful Tomato and Mozzarella Salad is a perfect way to showcase your height of season harvest. Bite sized balls of creamy cheese, sweetly acidic tomatoes, and fresh basil combine forces to create heaven on a plate.
Servings: 4 Side Salads
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Mini Mozzarella Balls halved
- 3 tablespoons Red Onion chopped
- 10-12 leaves Fresh Basil plus few for garnish thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon Parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1½ tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place all the ingredients (tomatoes, mozzarella balls, onion, herbs, salt, pepper, vinegar, and olive oil) in a large bowl.
Gently toss to combine well and allow the salad to sit for 10 minutes.
Give 1-2 gentle toss again, garnish with some fresh basil and serve.
- Salad should hold at room temperature for 4-6 hours, making it a lovely dish for bringing to a pot luck.
- If you still want to get ahead, feel free to prep the ingredients and refrigerate separately for up to 24 hours in advance. Toss just before serving.
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 1 day in airtight container.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 1mg