Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Made with just a handful of staple grocery items, this healthy Breakfast Banana Muesli Smoothie is easy to make and a real treat to drink. This kid-friendly breakfast may taste like dessert, but is packed with fiber and protein to keep you full. This recipe is perfect for busy mornings; it is a refreshing, light meal on the go!
Servings: 2 large smoothies
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- ¾ cup Low Fat Yogurt
- ¼ cup Muesli
- 2 medium Bananas sliced and frozen
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Use frozen fruit. For the best, thickest, creamiest consistency, I recommend using frozen bananas. Simply peel the fruit and cut into bite sized portions. Freeze overnight on a tray, then pop into a zip-top bag for longer term storage.
- Opt for a high powered blender. While it is an investment upfront, I highly suggest you splurge on a good quality blender to make your life easier. Vitamix, Nutribullet, and Ninja are all reputable brands to consider.
- Drink immediately. As with most smoothies, this banana muesli number is best enjoyed straight from the blender. Keep in an insulated cup if you plan on sipping it slowly; this will preserve the creamy, frozen appeal. Otherwise, any leftovers can be poured into popsicle molds for a healthy frozen treat. Try layering in some whole muesli for a bit of texture in your popsicles!
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 1mg